Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Ridgewood warranty  (Read 3261 times)

mkelso02

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Ridgewood warranty
« on: January 31, 2014, 12:49:33 PM »

I am in the market for a OWB for next years heating season, and have been researching the many of brands that are on the market.  I came across this brand, and it appears to be a pretty good unit.  I havnt heard a lot of negative feedback from ridgewood either.  The only problem I am facing is:  Is this company still going to be around after the new EPA standards come out this time next year????  Are they going to back the "10 year warranty"????

just trying to get some feedback on this topic.  I am tempted to go with the ridgewood to try and save some $$$$$ on the front end!!  thanks

ms1780

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Ridgewood warranty
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 02:37:20 PM »

I had a converation with Craig the owner today about that and while I can't say for sure that they will he seemed confident that they can make necessary changes to be compliant with the law.  I would highly suggest you call Craig and speak to him about it.  I am picking up my stove a week from today and I am very excited about it.  I spoke to a person who has been burning one of these for a while now and he loves it.  Personally I think they are the best bang for the buck on the market.

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 02:43:58 PM »

In regard to epa changes, There working to make sure there gknna be around after the epa stuff passes.  With that said, I feel there just as likely to be around as woodmaster or many other huge companies, woodmaster for example doesnt even have an outdoor wood furnace thats phase 2 compliant.   This from one of the largest in the industry, they do have 2 indoor models that are though.

We'll see what the details of the new law will be here in a couple months but whatever it is ridgewood is going to work hard to meet there standards
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

automan77

• OWF Brand: ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 6000
  • Just say no to propane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 04:13:03 PM »

I think Ridgewood will be around for a long time to come
Scott K
Stihl ms 311
Husky 455

St Clair County Michigan

Troy Built 27 ton splitter

Speed

• OWF Brand: Ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 6000
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 08:23:28 AM »

Lots of ways you can look at this. Can anyone really predict 100% who will be around in 10 years? I've seen huge companies shut down overnight due to a stupid car crash. Nobody knows where this thing with the economy prevention a##holes will end up for sure. The way I looked at it, I was going to build one and ran out of time. Who would have fixed it then? Me. So worse comes to worse, and you don't weld, call a local mobile welder. You can buy a reasonably priced unit like this and still  put money into it in the future and be money ahead of a higher priced one, and look at the lp savings these will provide. All the way around there is money staying in your pocket.