Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Suggestion to the new owner  (Read 2998 times)

oldchenowth

Suggestion to the new owner
« on: June 01, 2012, 01:00:27 PM »

I would like to suggest to the new owner of a member supplier link.  I am in need of some items and would like to support the people that have helped me out on here first rather than take my business to China via the net.  I understand it could become a nitemare, but if it was open to members with say 100 or more posts before it would accept a business link, or ask for $50 to post a link, I think we could help our fellow businessmen with their success.  We give an awful lot of free advertising to the manufacturers but none to the guys that have to install and supply to hacks like me.  They are much more deserving in my opinion.

Just a suggestion.

If anyone sells 30 plate exchangers at a reasonable price, please message me.

Thanks,
Rich

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion to the new owner
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 06:53:20 AM »

I suggested something like this before, it is done on another site that I go to (a gun site) they have site supporters who pay a small fee per year and have a link section to their services.
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 06:32:47 PM »

You are going to have a hard time finding a plate heat exchanger that isn't made in China. (they are out there but not cheap)
I will probably be switching over to a new brand that are supposedly assembled in USA. I can probably get you a better price than you will find anywhere else.

oldchenowth

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 06:50:50 PM »

Shoot me a price RSI.  I am in the process of switching out some leaky Wex brand shark bites with crimp fittings so I may as well upgrade to a 30 while I am at it.

Thanks.  Feel free to pm me or publish it if you want.

Vaulter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 02:37:35 PM »

Whys 30 plate? Is this for your domestic HW?  Wouldn't a 20-plate handle that?

HandyMark

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 02:58:45 PM »

The supplier I purchased mine from says 20 is plenty for an average house. I haven't hooked it up yet so I can not confirm this. Seems like fewer plates would restrict the water flow less. Definitely cheaper. 

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 03:31:11 PM »

20 plates still are fairly restrictive. I am still waiting to get better flow restriction charts but was kind of surprised when I saw this one.
You need to multiply the PSI by 2.3 to get head pressure.
All plates are in parallel so the more you have the less restriction you get. A 10 plate is equivalent to over 200' of 1" pex, a  20 plate is equivalent to about 100' of 1" pex and a 30 plate is equivalent to about 30' 1" pex.

A 10 plate could make more than enough DHW if you could force enough water through the boiler side.

I am checking on getting some 10 plates custom made that would have real low restriction on one side. I am thinking to put 1" ports on the boiler side and 3/4" on the DHW side. If it works it would probably be in the $100 to $125 range and work better than a 20 or 30 plate.