Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: overhead pipe, will it work?  (Read 2283 times)

jfsanterre

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: c-b
    • View Profile
overhead pipe, will it work?
« on: October 09, 2012, 08:46:45 PM »

HI, I'm new to OWF and I'm getting ready to install everything.My furnace will be at +/- 40' from my garage, run the pipe trough my garage, above the doors+/- 8' high, then back in the ground for an other 30' before entering the house. I plan heating my garage with the return from the house on a sealing type of heater. The heat exchanger in the basement will be about 3' bellow the furnace. Will it work with the pump in the basement or???
Thanks,
J.F.

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: overhead pipe, will it work?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 09:36:49 PM »

Unless the top of the garage is lower than the boiler I wouldn't even consider putting the pump in the house. It will work that way when there is no air in the pipes but any air that gets in will accumulate up there and eventually airlock.

I think you would be better off running 1-1/4" pipe to the garage and then splitting off two sets of one inch there and feed the garage and house on them.

jfsanterre

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: c-b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 04:51:31 AM »

OK thanks this was one of my concern... if I put the pump in the garage, on the feed line before it go up??? The boiler is an older Central Boiler with no real location for mounting the pump at the boiler, also the in/out are underneath . also easier for service.

benj1975

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: home made
  • OWF Model: Sir Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 05:03:13 AM »

ya tride the over head thing in the garage and it did not work... :bash:
Husqvarna 562XP  24" bar                                                                          
Husqvarna  350. 18" bar                                                                  Marshall Michigan 16 years of burning wood.                                       Homemade Boiler 2012

boilerman

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: E2400 Currently CL5648 Previously
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 09:38:36 PM »

Mount the pump next to the floor in the garage where supply line enters. Tee a drain valve into the loop somewhere and use domestic water pressure hooked to the valve to purge air out of lines back to owf. Rotate closing supply and return valves at owf after 2 minutes or so. Once air is out of loop you should have no problem pushing over a doorway with pump.