Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: E1450 Blower Motor Replacement  (Read 2650 times)

lasasj

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: E-Classic 1450
    • View Profile
E1450 Blower Motor Replacement
« on: November 11, 2019, 09:17:21 AM »

This is the second year in a row I've had to replace the blower motor for the season.  There doesn't appear to be any lubrication ports on the blower, yet the bearings / motor keep seizing up.  Has anyone else experienced issues with the blower?  The original blower lasted only 5-6 years, replaced it last year, and again this year.  The blowers worked at the end of the heating season, but wouldn't start up.  I will be removing the blower and storing it inside next year if I can't figure out what's going on.  Each blower costs $180, so I can't afford to keep replacing them.  If anyone knows where I can get a comparable motor for cheaper, please let me know. 

Roger2561

• OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
Re: E1450 Blower Motor Replacement
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 03:11:11 AM »

This is the second year in a row I've had to replace the blower motor for the season.  There doesn't appear to be any lubrication ports on the blower, yet the bearings / motor keep seizing up.  Has anyone else experienced issues with the blower?  The original blower lasted only 5-6 years, replaced it last year, and again this year.  The blowers worked at the end of the heating season, but wouldn't start up.  I will be removing the blower and storing it inside next year if I can't figure out what's going on.  Each blower costs $180, so I can't afford to keep replacing them.  If anyone knows where I can get a comparable motor for cheaper, please let me know.

Does the manual show if there are any oil ports?  My manual shows me where to look for the oil ports on my Classic Titanium Edge 550 HD blow motor.  Can your dealer offer any insight into the cause of the problem?  Roger 
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 04:57:12 AM »

That fan looks like a regular Dayton 1TDP7 which is all over eBay. But I could be wrong.
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

boilerman

• OWF Model: E2400 Currently CL5648 Previously
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 08:31:39 PM »

My fan has oil ports on it too. They were located on the underside of the fan motor, so had to remove a couple of bolts to take tje fan off to access them.

smithbr

• OWF Model: E-Classic 1450
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 09:01:39 AM »

"That fan looks like a regular Dayton 1TDP7 which is all over eBay. But I could be wrong."

Has anyone verified that this model is compatible?  I had to finger-start my blower this fall, though it's run fine since then, so I think I'd be best to lay one in for the next 'event', though my unit is only 4+ years old.