Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Heatmaster mf 5000e or central boiler cl5036  (Read 19293 times)

mcarter

• OWF Brand: HeatMasterSS
  • OWF Model: MF5000e
    • View Profile
Re: Heatmaster mf 5000e or central boiler cl5036
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 01:44:59 PM »

A good dealer makes all the difference.  I have a HeatMaster MF5000e and I highly recommend this model.  I spent a lot of time researching the different brands of OWBs, the different types of steel, the simplicity of design and ease of use.  I am not going to say that one brand is better than the other but I can tell you the reasons I chose a HeatMaster and they are:

1.  Price
  2.  Dealer was local
  3.  Dealer was accessible (answered calls or quickly returned them)
  4.  Type of steel
  5.  Ease of use (Rocker Grates and Ash Pan)
  6.  Primary/Secondary draft control ( everyone loves to tweek! )

Those were my considerations.  I really enjoyed watching the process of installation, mine was interesting living on a mountain with about a 70 degree slope with no road to the other side of my house where I wanted it placed (thats a cool story but I will stay on topic).  Above all, my dealer completed the job quickly with professional work.  I wanted to help him but probably got in the way more than I should, I just enjoyed watching it all come together.  When you pull the trigger, I hope you enjoy the process as much as I did!

As far as scissorbill's comments are concerned, you have to weigh his comments with actual descriptions of his issues.  I haven't seen him post any useful information that would help anyone come to any conclusion concerning his OWBs inoperability.  I suspect operator error, frankly.  The 'fire went out 66 times' - I have to ask a few questions... Were you trying to burn green wood? Or wet wood? Were the primary and secondary drafts closed when you thought they were in the open position?  When it 'burned up', did you forget to close the door?  I'm sorry, but if something doesn't make sense, then it probably isn't true.

I hope you find my insight useful.

Stay warm,

Michael

HeatMasterSS MF5000E by Yoder Heating
MS 460 Stihl Magnum
Husqvarna 345
8lb Wood Splitter with 'High Performance' Fiberglass Handle
5 acres

Steve f

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2011, 08:31:50 PM »

Hey guys i also have sold for other dealers heatmaster i by far the best furnace and the heatmaster crew are A++++ to deal with.

lasor1

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster ss
  • OWF Model: Heatmaster mf 5000
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2012, 04:03:04 PM »

Well it's been a while and I think I am finally going to get a owb. And after lots of research I have decided on the heatmaster mf 5000  anyway I forgot to ask dealer what kind of powering need to run out too boiler I was going to get wire and start running it over and have it rdy to out of house were I will run too boiler it will be aprox 200' from breaker box what type and what size breaker do I need thanks!

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2012, 04:18:10 PM »

14 gauge on a 15 amp breaker is fine.
If you put an outlet at the OWB to run anything else then you probably will want to use 12 gauge.

HandyMark

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2012, 08:16:57 PM »

14 gauge on a 15 amp breaker is fine.
If you put an outlet at the OWB to run anything else then you probably will want to use 12 gauge.
You only need 15 amp but I suspect at 200' you will need wire bigger than 14 gauge. You may get by with smaller but I think I would ask an electrician or at a supply house what the drop would be over than distance.

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2012, 12:32:25 AM »

14 gauge will be fine at length for just running the boiler. Even in the pump is running on it too it will be less than 5 amps.
With 200' it will probably need about a 2 amp (or so)  pump and the blower and solenoid probably use about 1.5 amps.
http://www.csgnetwork.com/voltagedropcalc.html

lasor1

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2012, 08:32:56 PM »

Well I broke ground on putting in my heatmaster mf 5000  today! I started digging trench to run my pipe to the stove! I can't wait to get it installed hopefully have pipe in tommorow and were I am going to put stove I am going to pour a slab to hold it and my wood so got level ground up  and hopefully have it rdy to be poured by next fri  then get  stove set and build she'd around it will post pics later!

lasor1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2012, 02:42:00 PM »

I got my heatmaster mf 5000 last night! I had pad poured the pipe run and all exchangers plumed in got pump mounted and supply and return lines hooked up to stove and electrical hooked up. I just got her filled up with water and fired pump up everything seems to be working good just need s to get cold now and I will start a fire in it can't wait! Tommorows project is start building shed around  stove to keep it and wood dry! And of course start cutting more wood I got access to several truck loads of good seasoned wood just need to cut and split up! Pictures will come soon when I get my laptop working again right now I have to use my phone for Internet hey are they a way to upload pics from phone onto the forums?
Pages: 1 [2]