Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: HWT - Help  (Read 6605 times)

lugnut

• View Profile
Re: HWT - Help
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 08:29:18 PM »

Do you have the pump on low speed? A high flow rate would make this worse.

Here we go again...this is another item that is NOT in the Shaver owner's manual...I realize there are three speeds on the pump, however now I'm reading on here that the pump should be on the low speed..Speed ONE am I to assume?  And why is this?  I believe mine is set on speed THREE.. What's the diff if it's on speed ONE, TWO or THREE?

Lugnut
Jerry
Greenleaf, Wisconsin
Shaver Pro series 250 - Installed 10/28/2011
Cub Cadet / Yanmar 2450  sub-compact tractor
Husquvarna 455 Rancher
1999 Ford F-150 4x4 w/207k miles

rhugg

• OWF Brand: Legend
  • OWF Model: 6180
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2011, 09:25:00 PM »

I don't know that there is a right or wrong circulator speed.  More volume/higher speed means more heat from my water to air heat exchanger.  If you have a long run with lots of elbows maybe high speed is required but  if you are getting good results from low speed then low may be better.  It seems to me that at slower speeds I take more heat out where I want it (the HE) at higher speeds I'd have a higher % of ground or piping loss.

I run my 1st floor loop at low and the upstairs at medium.  I may switch the upstairs one to low also as it heats the upstairs quickly.  Both are Taco 00R's with the check valve.  I am not heating domestic HW with them so I don't have that issue.

Maybe in the dead of winter I will rethink the settings but they haven't been pushed yet.

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2011, 09:36:00 PM »

Do you have the pump on low speed? A high flow rate would make this worse.

Here we go again...this is another item that is NOT in the Shaver owner's manual...I realize there are three speeds on the pump, however now I'm reading on here that the pump should be on the low speed..Speed ONE am I to assume?  And why is this?  I believe mine is set on speed THREE.. What's the diff if it's on speed ONE, TWO or THREE?

Lugnut

This was about a pump on a DHW loop, not the boiler water.

If you are getting a big temperature drop when the blower is running then you probably want to go to a higher speed. It might keep the water mixed better in the boiler too. Slow pump speed could let the water in the bottom of the tank get colder and cut down storage capacity.
Pages: 1 [2]