Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Leaking  (Read 3491 times)

tshepler

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Shaver
  • OWF Model: 165
    • View Profile
Leaking
« on: January 30, 2012, 06:46:58 PM »

Ok i switched pump around and am going to reseal my dhw plate and insert a drywell  for my ranco I made this evening. I still have a question on why water pours out from that spot in the back of the stove where the metal siding was cut back for the original cheapo thermostat. It leaks out from the top of that area between the metal siding and the black metal of the boiler i guess. Will this fix when I seal the unit. I also checked and my stove is pretty level and so is the concrete foundation.

tree climber

• OWF Brand: leaky 165 shaver
  • OWF Model: 165
    • View Profile
Re: Leaking
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 07:04:35 PM »

that spot where old stat was is out side of water jacket. if its not coming from dhw plate check around that cheap plastic fitting going to water coil. mine leaked there i replaced with shark bite fitting

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 08:21:09 PM »

Good luck, keep us posted on your progress, once you get your stove circulating right and all the electronics working as they should, you'll be much happier.  Especially if you upgrade that pex! 

Have a good one
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

Windwalker7

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 05:35:40 PM »

You need to seal inside the DHW plate. If you remove the plate, you will see the gap that is on the inside, right at the edge of where the plate covers.

As the water get hot, it builds up condensation. The water then drips down this gap between the water jacket and the insulation.

I had problems with mine leaking when I first got it. I ripped the sideing and insulation off the back, only to find that water was seeping in from the top where that gap is.

This is hard to explain. Just remove the DHW plate from the back and fill in the gap with silicone. You can't see the gap until the plate is removed.