Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: PA Farm SHow  (Read 8120 times)

Jason

• View Profile
PA Farm SHow
« on: January 04, 2009, 11:24:39 AM »

My wife, son, and I are planning on going to the PA farm Show in Harrisburg on the 10th.  There are going to be over 300 commercial exhibitors there, including, I'd bet, some outdoor furnace salesmen.  I'll drop the word about the group here and try and get us some dealer feedback on here like somebody (I forget who right now) suggested a bit back.  Can't hurt to try at least.   :)
Jason-Pittsburgh, PA

Scratch

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: CB6048
    • View Profile
    • Edge Metalworks
Re: PA Farm SHow
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 12:03:32 PM »

Great idea!   :thumbup:
Hudson, WI

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 03:26:59 PM »

I just found it.  ckbetz made that suggestion in the "Get the word out" thread under site suggestions.  Just wanted to clarify that so credit goes where it's due.   8)
Jason-Pittsburgh, PA

PhinPhan

• OWF Brand: WoodMaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
    • View Profile
    • Outdoor Wood Furnace Info
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 01:59:24 PM »

Great Idea, and I would appreciate you spreading the word.  Let us know what kind of feedback you get from people/dealers about the website.
Pomeroy, OH
WoodMaster 4400

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 06:29:11 PM »

My wife (also named Corrie, incidentally) suggested I make a couple index cards with the forum's web address on it to give to the vendors.    Nothing fancy, just hand written cards that say www.outdoorwoodfurnaceinfo.com on them.  That way they have a reminder to check out our  forum here as they get a chance.  So that's the plan. 
Jason-Pittsburgh, PA

Scratch

• View Profile
    • Edge Metalworks
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 07:52:56 PM »

This forum is on my daily internet check of 7 forums right now.  One of them is a Jeep forum (MN-Jeep.com) We get together alot and have trailriding events.  The admin of the forum had business cards printed and whenever we saw him at the events, he'd give us a stack of them to put on lifted Jeeps we would see around town.  It got alot of members.  He now sells advertising space on the forum just to help out with domain names and the other little costs of running a forum.

May not really work in this case since we don't really see these stoves parked at K-Mart, and they don't windshield wipers to stick them under, but thought I'd bring it up...
 ::)
Hudson, WI

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 04:57:59 PM »

That's actually a really good idea.  The only fly I can see in the ointment is that we seem to be scattered all over the country and will probably never be able to get together to divvy up business cards.  You could ship them, of course, or make one on a computer and email it around and everyone could get their own made, but that's starting to sound expensive.  I wish there was a way, though...
Jason-Pittsburgh, PA

Scratch

• View Profile
    • Edge Metalworks
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 07:47:30 PM »

Yeah it's not really suited for this forum... just thought I'd throw it out there.  Who knows, maybe someone will read it and it'll spark some different idea that they'd never thought of.... :)
Hudson, WI

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 01:31:25 PM »

Due to the nasty weather we're due to get tonight, the wife and I decided to hold off until next Friday to go to the PA Farm Show.  We're supposed to get 3-6 inches tonight and it's a 3 hour drive on the Turnpike for us to get to Harrisburg.  Seems a little much in a snow storm with a 5 month old and a highway full of idiots who don't know how to drive in the snow.
Jason-Pittsburgh, PA

ckbetz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 07:05:41 PM »

Did you ever make it to the farm show?  I'll say, the weather this year has been miserable.  Seems if it's raining it's 12 degrees.  Most of the time it seems like it's been 35 and raining.  I've been working on a garage for most of the winter and it's been a headache trying to get anything done.  Finally got the concrete floor pour a week or so ago and got all of the ridge cap, trim on the metal roof.  It's coming around, now getting ready to wire and find some garage doors. 

Had to have something to park my "wood gitter" in..hehehe
Pomeroy, Ohio

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 03:20:34 AM »

No, we didn't get there last weekend due to weather concerns.  It's like a 3 hour drive and w didn't want to chance it in the snow with the baby.  We are planning to go this coming Friday, though.  Let's hope for some better weather.
Jason-Pittsburgh, PA

ckbetz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 04:21:50 AM »

Good luck on the weather, seems like it's going to be another bad week.  That must be a pretty good event to last over 2 weekends.
Pomeroy, Ohio

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 07:01:27 PM »

Hey all-not sure we're gonna make it to the farm show.  As mentioned, the weather i going to suck again and I was asked to work OT on Friday.  I work 4 10's-normally off Friday Saturday and Sunday, but they want me to come in on Friday and since our overtime budget is pretty much shot I gotta take it where I can.
Jason-Pittsburgh, PA