Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: First season for a newbie  (Read 1787 times)

snakedriver

First season for a newbie
« on: September 28, 2012, 06:40:00 AM »

Hello all,

I have lurked for some time but decided to attempt to become legitimate here by registering. Time will tell of my success or lack thereof.

Awaiting the final portion of my installation. My dealer was unable to place the unit due to location. I placed it with the skid steer and fork extensions. He has since been back for plumbing but will return with the suitable duct exchanger. Am also heating the water. Hopefully he will return and finish before cooler weather arrives.

Thank you to all who make up this great forum and share an affinity for this means of staying warm. It is appreciated, all the posts, photos, advice, and exchanges which promote a greater understanding and the associated camaraderie.

snakedriver

Re: First season for a newbie
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 02:37:53 PM »

Installation completed on Saturday afternoon 29SEP. Built a fire since the water heater breaker had been off for plumbing. Dealer purged the air but in retrospect did not get it all. Awoke at 0400 and the water temperature was 209. Damper was closed. After investigation, there was no load being put onto the system. The downstream side of the water/air exchanger was not warm. Also, the water heater water was not even warm. I could hear the air gurgling when trying to use the water/air exchanger and forced air. After several cycles of the three-way valve that bubble passed and that exchanger and the heat worked. I also cracked and bled the water heater pop-off valve and that cured the water heat.

Long story short, after the loads were placed onto the system, the hot furnace began a slow cool. It is now about twenty hours since the damper closed initially and it is down to 183 degrees. Granted, the outdoor temperature was merely in the fifties overnight, but 74 degrees in the house and abundant hot water for laundry and dishwasher loads cause me to have the early opinion that this was a good choice.