Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Dry Sauna  (Read 1727 times)

Johnv656

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Dry Sauna
« on: October 17, 2012, 05:35:08 AM »

Has anyone ever considered constructing a dry sauna room?

Thinking about trying it. Figure the temp of the pipes would be more that hot enough?

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
Re: Dry Sauna
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 09:46:18 AM »

i owrked at a plant that made a room about 12 x12 and 9 feet high, they lined three walls with 1 inch black pipe spaced about 10 inches apart. i think each wall was onits own zone to keep a good flow. tiwas a low pressure boiler delivering the water (i think it was water and not steam but i am nto real sure) the boiler only ran at 15 pounds. any way the room was always around 160 f and it was used to melt wax from those big garbage buckets you see on trailers. seemed to work ok bu ti dont know anything about the cost.

if you did this i would say ou would need copper or black pipe on the walls as they would give up heat much faster than pex? (again a guess on my part)
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: Dry Sauna
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 12:05:50 PM »

I don't see why it wouldn't work. How hot would you want to to be and do you plan on keeping it hot all the time or just when you use it?
Like mentioned above you will need a huge amount of heat exchanger surface.

I have some used aluminum finned radiant heat pipes that may work pretty good for it. How big is the room?