Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: woodmaster ultra  (Read 2504 times)

gael

• OWF Brand: woodmaster ultra
    • View Profile
woodmaster ultra
« on: March 20, 2013, 03:46:19 PM »

hello, we expect to install a boiler Woodmaster ultra, you have opinions on this model and company?
thank you

Yooper

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: woodmaster ultra
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 07:20:25 PM »

Woodmaster is a good company.  I've spoke to our local dealer and they give good support.  I don't own an outdoor boiler and was seriously looking at his.  He was honest enough to tell me that I shouldn't consider a gasser since I was only going to heat the house and the difference in cost would never be paid for by the wood savings.

The Ultra is a European product.  Would that lead to high prices for parts or repair?  This thing is PLC programmed.  If this computer goes belly up in a few years will your local vendor be able to support it?  All computer based equipment has the potential of leaving you orphaned.  Can the local vendor reload the ladder logic of the PLC if necessary? 

Since this thing takes wood pellets and is fully automated you should have a unit that will make your heating very easy.  Wood pellets tend to burn quite clean so you won't even have much waste.  Where I live there are multiple local manufacturers of the pellets.  I would imagine the availability of pellets is not too much of a problem in most of the country.  They can even make pellets from paper, grass and corn stalks if the demand is there.