Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: empyre pro 200 first impressions!  (Read 20840 times)

ecc_33

• View Profile
empyre pro 200 first impressions!
« on: November 27, 2013, 04:02:14 PM »

I have seen hardy's, CB 5036, and two central boiler gasifiers (which were my next choice) I ended up choosing a emypre pro series. (I will post pics of house and setup once I find the computer cable) My house is 1507 sqft ranch with full walkout basement. Boiler is about 225 feet away from the house. I can put 9 pieces all a  mix of split's which are about 5" by 26" long. and rounds about 6-7" in di and prob 30" long in it and it is full! The first night I tried to make a bridge effect just to see how forgiving it was with the mix above and what I call pancake rounds. Rounds that are about 3-5" long and about 6" in diameter. After 15 hours on the first firing the firebox was about 1/4 of the way full. Today I filled it up at 9:15a.m. and just came back from the boiler and it was still alittle more than 3/4's full!!!!! It just sipps wood!!!!! I can't believe it. Almost no smoke at all. Sometimes you think its completely out. My wood is well seasoned and dry also. Hot water is HOT! Shower water is fine though. Our showers have mixing valves so they are tamed down form our faucets. More to come.

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: empyre pro 200 first impressions!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 05:29:13 PM »

Sounds good man, youll love it when u get your utility bills
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 07:18:39 PM »

I hope so! the electric furanace with everyone running in and out finishing the house was killin me! Thats why I got so motovated to get it done. Well, That and the 5 inches of snow we have on the ground. Supposed to get down to 15*F tonight. Dishwasher, shower, and cloths washer going non stop since we moved stuff in at 5 tonight. Ole lady is about to put me down with all this work lol. I checked the wood level at 8:15 tonight  which is 11 hours exactly from last wood fire and still could only put 3 pieces in if I wanted too. Since this will be our first night in the house I will go out later tonight and fill it back up. Dad has some dirty coal from southern ohio and his add on furanace is just given him crazy fits with clinkers right now. I just laughed and said hell dad I ain't even put a piece in all day since 9:15 a.m. He said he has fired that thing 4 times today and thats in the barn. The house with the fireplace inserts about every 2 hours. Needless to say he can't believe this thing. He even told me and I know it killed him to finally admit that im going to burn alot less wood then him this year. All in all we all are burnin wood and thats what its all about! Happy thanksgiving to everyone also!!!! Eric Cox.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 09:44:02 PM »

I hope so! the electric furanace with everyone running in and out finishing the house was killin me! Thats why I got so motovated to get it done. Well, That and the 5 inches of snow we have on the ground. Supposed to get down to 15*F tonight. Dishwasher, shower, and cloths washer going non stop since we moved stuff in at 5 tonight. Ole lady is about to put me down with all this work lol. I checked the wood level at 8:15 tonight  which is 11 hours exactly from last wood fire and still could only put 3 pieces in if I wanted too. Since this will be our first night in the house I will go out later tonight and fill it back up. Dad has some dirty coal from southern ohio and his add on furanace is just given him crazy fits with clinkers right now. I just laughed and said hell dad I ain't even put a piece in all day since 9:15 a.m. He said he has fired that thing 4 times today and thats in the barn. The house with the fireplace inserts about every 2 hours. Needless to say he can't believe this thing. He even told me and I know it killed him to finally admit that im going to burn alot less wood then him this year. All in all we all are burnin wood and thats what its all about! Happy thanksgiving to everyone also!!!! Eric Cox.

Thats awesome.....  Im glad you like it and your dads gonna be shaking his head all winter long lol
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 03:33:01 PM »

Friday morning I filled the firebox up at 9:30 a.m. I put 6 split pieces in at 10:30 a.m. saturday moring! thats 25 hours on one firing! awesome! I could have prob went 30 hours since it got up to 44* today.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 07:13:29 PM »

Friday morning I filled the firebox up at 9:30 a.m. I put 6 split pieces in at 10:30 a.m. saturday moring! thats 25 hours on one firing! awesome! I could have prob went 30 hours since it got up to 44* today.

hahhha..  are you telling your dad about this?
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 08:29:23 PM »

hahhha..  are you telling your dad about this?
oh yea lol. He is sick about it. He heats 2 pole barns that are finsihed. One is 2500sqft and the other is prob 1500. The big one is heated with a add on furnace that just eats coal and wood. The house is a two story 2500sqft house that he heats with a wood insert. All in all he would use a ton of wood to eat everything with one boiler but would still save wood and money like crazy in a year. I figured what I split and cut today in one day would last the rest of the year lol. Its just great. Haven't cleaned anything yet but the gassifier chamber a couple times! awesome boiler so far! I through a bunch of junk in it today when I did put wood into it. Stuff with ant's and grubs and such. Soft stuff etc. Ill see tomorrow if it bridges! Since im off and can check it often im pushing the bridging thing until I know what it likes and doesn't.

frankus33

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: empyre
  • OWF Model: pro 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 03:52:43 PM »

I have a pro 200 as well and i used to like it until i had a problem  i found out that their warranty sucks.

It started last year after a big snow storm(windy), snow got behind the thermostat, and cause to malfunction(fan would not stop anymore which makes the temperature go up
but lucky i was close by. notify my dealer who sells me a new unit and he tells me he will let head office know if i can get warranty.  After reading in one of those forum that someone had problem with the plate where the thermostat is and what he did was to caulk it and sothat's what i did and taught problem solved.  thissummer isaw my dealer
and he told that after 1year my warranty is already out for electronics  components. even if there was a defect with the unit. thanks.

last saturday we had a major good snow storm here in ontario, guess what  same thing  snow got in again. i really though it was from the thermostat platethat i caulked but i was wrong. It's from the top corner just under the gable kind of roof there is about 1/2 inch space there and enough room with high wind and lots of snow fall to end up there.
had to replace thermostat again
talk to empyre today they won't do a thing.

What i know now is

EMPYRE MEANS NO WARRANTY

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 05:43:16 PM »

Man I hate to hear that!

frankus33

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 07:05:07 PM »

Don't take me wrong, i like my unit, know her inside out by now. but even if the eletronics warranty is expired as they put it, if snow got in the unit where there is eletronics, they should acknowledge that there is a manufacture problem, snow shouldn't get in with electronics, as simple as that.
won't even bother with my water test anymore because i know if there is problem they won't do a thing.
even one  dealer told me they don't cover anything. everything he has been asking for warranty has been denied.             

EMPYRE MEANS NO WARRANTY

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 05:35:22 PM »

Don't take me wrong, i like my unit, know her inside out by now. but even if the eletronics warranty is expired as they put it, if snow got in the unit where there is eletronics, they should acknowledge that there is a manufacture problem, snow shouldn't get in with electronics, as simple as that.
won't even bother with my water test anymore because i know if there is problem they won't do a thing.
even one  dealer told me they don't cover anything. everything he has been asking for warranty has been denied.             

EMPYRE MEANS NO WARRANTY

I recently did my first 2 warranty claims with empyre. 

This is how good it went.  Customer had a stove who developed a leak.  It was of the same batch or series as one his neighbor just ordered.  they agreed to replace the leaky unit no questions asked,They even paid for the shipping directly to the customer.  Great I thought.   Then I inquired about his neighbors stove that he just installed, I knew it didnt have the update so I asked since we already had a truck going there, why not swap his with the updated model to eleiminate the chance of it happening to him.  They agreed, they sent him the New updated stove to his door and also paid shipping on that unit..  How could anyone ask for more than that?

Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 07:30:50 PM »

EMPYRE MEANS NO WARRANTY

I recently did my first 2 warranty claims with empyre. 

This is how good it went.  Customer had a stove who developed a leak.  It was of the same batch or series as one his neighbor just ordered.  they agreed to replace the leaky unit no questions asked,They even paid for the shipping directly to the customer.  Great I thought.   Then I inquired about his neighbors stove that he just installed, I knew it didnt have the update so I asked since we already had a truck going there, why not swap his with the updated model to eleiminate the chance of it happening to him.  They agreed, they sent him the New updated stove to his door and also paid shipping on that unit..  How could anyone ask for more than that?
Wow really.. Seems to be a good deal to me..
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

frankus33

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2013, 07:40:59 PM »

Now you're making me nervous even more, one brand new unit that leaks already and they agreed to replace another without knowing for sure it's leaking, basically you're telling me i can expect my unit to leak anytime, thanks.  so you're telling me they are no good, i know that  now especially when it comes time to honour your name. Yeah right  , they are gonna replace a brand new unit without knowing for sure it's leaking but they won't replace a $100 thermostat on my furnace that  got damaged by snow getting in the top corner twice already.  Really i know you're not telling the truth, even my dealer told me that  they don't cover anything and to replace a unit without making sure it leaks(between 9k to10k) yeah right. As for replacing the unit, hahaha, they will try to weld it first i can assure you of that.
nice try.

EMPYRE MEANS NO WARRANTY 

Belknap

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2013, 07:42:16 PM »

What model OWB was it?
Gilford NH

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2013, 11:12:24 PM »

Im lying??? 

Sir, u agreed to the warranty that clearly stated a 1 yr warranty on electrical components.  It did not fail within the first year

the reason they replaced it was because of the  changes of an particular model, it was the earliest runs of the xt series.  Once they seen they had a potential issue, a warranty bulletin went out to all dealers.   They replaced all the stoves we had on our yards with the updated models and told us they would switch the faulty units out at no cost to the customer if anything had gone wrong.   The reason they replaced the unit that wasnt leaking was because it was of the first run and i had sold it in the middle of us finding out about the replacement program.

u can come cowboying in here all ya want, but I know a lot of folks on here and a lot of folks know im not going to lie to anyone regardless..

now with that being said, im not doubting your story one bit, because u clearly stated that it wasnt in the first year of warranty that ur control had failed, and sharon goes by the book

with that being said, its also good that u came here to complain because now other folks might be able to go out to there stove and see if there is potential for this issue on there model, if they feel snow could be blown into that hole it may be a good idea for them to give it a couple minutes of attention. 

But as far as me calling you a liar, umm no.  Im not going there but I think its a pretty sad sign of character to start calling someone a liar that you dont even know or had any dealings with at all.   

As slim says, youll get more help with sugar than vinegar haha
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697
Pages: [1] 2 3 4