Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Working on my install  (Read 23592 times)

yoderheating

• View Profile
Re: Working on my install
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2014, 09:25:04 PM »

How does someone struggling to pay for food afford a new outdoor wood stove system?
So the people that buy furnaces are normally those people or at least those who struggle to pay the gas or electric bill. The rich folks don't buy a wood furnace, why would some rich dude be cutting wood all weekend when he could be out on the lake or something. Good grief, we are in the business of saving people money.
 If this wasn't a heck of a way to save people money I don't know I would be doing it. Its not as if I make a lot of money and its hard work. But when I get the customer who is tickled to death because he can finally heat his old farm house that is a really awesome feeling.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2014, 09:33:56 PM »

Scott, if you ever need any help on a radiant job I'm happy to help as well. I haven't had anything but the old shoe leather/busted knuckle training on it but around here that goes a long ways. Some folks over think things, sometime simple is the best route especially when you want the customer to understand the system.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2014, 09:35:14 PM »

How does someone struggling to pay for food afford a new outdoor wood stove system?
So the people that buy furnaces are normally those people or at least those who struggle to pay the gas or electric bill. The rich folks don't buy a wood furnace, why would some rich dude be cutting wood all weekend when he could be out on the lake or something. Good grief, we are in the business of saving people money.
 If this wasn't a heck of a way to save people money I don't know I would be doing it. Its not as if I make a lot of money and its hard work. But when I get the customer who is tickled to death because he can finally heat his old farm house that is a really awesome feeling.

Amen yoder, that's a great feeling and I love it because I to have struggled to pay the high utility bills in the past

That's what I don't understand, what kinda customers they deal with, because customers who can spend that kinda money on a system have to be doing it for more than just financial reasons, maybe it's a new toy or comfort or who knows what.   

But i know most of the folks I deal with here,  it's a true financial decision to help make ends meet, the comfort the receive is icing on the cake
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2014, 09:38:01 PM »

Scott, if you ever need any help on a radiant job I'm happy to help as well. I haven't had anything but the old shoe leather/busted knuckle training on it but around here that goes a long ways. Some folks over think things, sometime simple is the best route especially when you want the customer to understand the system.

I appreciate it yoder...  experience is often the best teacher. 

Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2014, 09:39:24 PM »

It was pretty cool, I got my power bill for the coldest part of the year and it had went up to $95. Guess my blower must have run more.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2014, 10:30:26 PM »

It was pretty cool, I got my power bill for the coldest part of the year and it had went up to $95. Guess my blower must have run more.

Up to 95 bucks, hahaha
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

victor6deep

• OWF Brand: Burnrite
  • OWF Model: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2014, 03:58:55 AM »

I'm sure assistance is out there for wood furnace health care.

jackh113

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: P&M
  • OWF Model: BL 2840
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2014, 04:03:45 AM »

Couple of questions about the schematic sceptre posted from slimjim regarding the air seperator.  Have a P&M BL 2840 on the way and accumulating my parts for the install.  Have a Spirovent JR Air Eliminator on the way with my parts.

1. In the schematic its shown after the plate exchanger but in the install instructions it says to locate it at the highest temp and lowest pressure point ie before the exchanger and before the pump.  Am I misunderstanding something or is it really that critical for proper operation?

2. What is the purpose of the expansion tank on the air seperator in the schematic?  Is it necessary?

**edit:  Think I just answered the expansion tank question myself.  Looks like it would only be necessary on a closed system?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 04:12:29 AM by jackh113 »

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2014, 05:15:40 AM »

Jack the drawing is of a primary loop that will constantly have flow through the heat exchanger, it is on the pressurized side of the heat exchanger, placement of the Spirovent will make very little difference in that loop and I think that the most resistance in the loop will be the heat exchanger, everything after that would be  the low pressure side
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

jackh113

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2014, 05:21:39 AM »

Gothca slimjim.  So in my application (I sent you the schematic the other day) it's a single loop feeding the dhw plate exchanger then the hx in the plenum.  My plan is to place the eliminator after the point of entry to the house on the supply side.  This would be after the pump but before either hx.  It will be the highest point in the line.  Would this make a difference since it's before the pump?

On another note, wen we talked on the phone you mentioned isolating the water to air hx with a 2 way zoning valve.  I'm a little confused on how to set that up exactly.  Could you shoot me that schematic you were bragging about?  lol  Think you said you sent it to scott by mistake.

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2014, 05:30:02 AM »

Certainly, would you shoot me your E-Mail address again so I don't have to go looking for it again, Scott did you ever get it?

jackh113

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2014, 05:34:02 AM »

Just emailed you.  :thumbup:

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2014, 05:34:35 AM »

Thanks Jack

sceptre74

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: BL 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2014, 05:49:46 AM »

So then slimjim, since the pump feeding my water to air will only be coming on when there is a call for heat, will I still need one of those zone valves?

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2014, 06:13:57 AM »

No but you may wish to interrupt the power wire from the blower motor with a strap on Aqua-stat to keep the blower from coming on before the hot water actually gets to the rad, good catch!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8