Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Earth Energy190  (Read 20011 times)

tulenutn2o

• OWF Brand: HeatSource1
  • OWF Model: Earth Energy 190
    • View Profile
Earth Energy190
« on: August 31, 2010, 05:06:59 PM »

Will pick up my furnace next week. Can't wait!

tulenutn2o

• View Profile
Re: Earth Energy190
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 06:09:57 AM »

Well, I am within 1 week of firing my stove. Ran into snafu with fish tape while getting ready to pull wire..................Fish tape 20' short! :bash: Anyhow, just to let would be buyers know, customer service on this unit is somewhat questionable. Said ti fill with softened and filtered water( manual said filter supplied). Sales guy said manufacturer quit making the filter and they didn't send with units anymore and it was ok to fill with garden hose. Talked with nother buyer, and low and behold, they shipped a filter right to him. So, I sent my e-mails back and forth between myself and company.......... They sent me one too with the notice that unit MUST be filled with soft/filtered water. So much for strait answers from sales manager.Talked at length with sales manager at the manufacturer's place of business and several other times trying to get dealer info to no avail. They really could care less, I guess. Shady answers on questions about unit at best. Manual leaves alot to be desired. Several discrepancies. Warranty looks to be good kindling. Best product in the world will fail without good customer service. I only hope I never have any warranty issues. I definately will not be recommending them to any customers. I think they lost interest in dealership for me when I told them I wanted to try their product first before I put my reputation on the line. They would have been happy selling me 3 or more for a few hundred off, I am sure. I love that "dealership opportunities in your area" crud.

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 06:58:57 AM »

Be careful of water softeners that use salt. I hear any salt in the water is hard on the furnace.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

shawbran

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
    • Jayhawk Pex Supply
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 01:37:18 AM »

Well Tulenutn20,

Go our up and running short of having a fire burning!!  Also figured out a better wiring for the high limit!!  I will be emailing it to you and posting it for other members!

tulenutn2o

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 05:52:03 AM »

Thanks for the update. Got mine burning a couple of nights ago to heat the DHW. WOW! HOT and plenty of it. Still toying with firebox , fire size, temp settings, etc. Also gonna reconfigure a couple of lines if I get time. Definately a huge difference in smoke when burning in by-pass versus gasification. Just need to figure out a medium setting for the finicky night light. Later.

shawbran

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
    • Jayhawk Pex Supply
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 06:04:07 PM »

Had our wood stove running for little under a month.  The morning I went to put wood in it and draft fan was not burning.  Guess what the control panel had already went out of it.  They agreed to send a new one but my stove will be down for a couple of days!!! Hope it doesn't get too cold!!

tulenutn2o

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 06:05:04 AM »

Yeh, my controller is flaky too, Still works, but am wondering for how long. Up arrow barely works, sometimes doesn't. I think they would do well to use a standard mechanical control. We'll see, I guess.

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 10:34:04 AM »

What kind of controller is on the furnace from the factory?I have heard good things about the Ranco controllers,but have no experiance with them
LPK-440 wood gasification furnace
New Holland LS170
24' Titan deckover gooseneck
96' Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

tulenutn2o

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 06:45:53 PM »

They are LOVE( DWYER)  electronic TSWB(Temperature Switch Wood Burner).

shawbran

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
    • Jayhawk Pex Supply
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 10:36:34 PM »

Tul

Does your fire keep smoldering out?  Ours seems to have problems keeping big logs of hedge going.  What is your temp range?  We also seem to be using lots of wood, but we are use to a indoor stove also with a small fire box.

tulenutn2o

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 06:33:23 AM »

Under low demand, I quit throwing huge rounds in because they do not burn good. Better to use smaller pieces under low demand and go for good burn. I reset temp up to 170 since it is getting colder.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 06:53:16 PM by tulenutn2o »

Alan

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 11:36:24 AM »

Tul

Does your fire keep smoldering out?  Ours seems to have problems keeping big logs of hedge going.  What is your temp range?  We also seem to be using lots of wood, but we are use to a indoor stove also with a small fire box.
welli have central boiler 5036 and it hink i use less wood
Alan  Marydale ky

tulenutn2o

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 06:54:10 PM »

Tul

welli have central boiler 5036 and it hink i use less wood
And you know this, WHY?

Alan

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 08:28:46 PM »

I use 8 or 10 pieces of 20" wood in the boiler in 24 hours i used 20 pieces in the wood stove in 8 hours
Alan  Marydale ky

tulenutn2o

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2010, 08:44:59 AM »

I use 8 or 10 pieces of 20" wood in the boiler in 24 hours i used 20 pieces in the wood stove in 8 hours
Ok Alan, I see what you were meaning. I thought it was a case of "mine is better than yours". I too burned in a airtight stove, but I can't say really which way was more efficient as I couldn't heat whole house with stove. But you are correct, 2-3 logs for overnight so far. They are, however, bigger pieces. By the way, welcome!
Pages: [1] 2 3