Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Not OWB related  (Read 3517 times)

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: Not OWB related
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014, 04:47:13 AM »

With an indirect tank, of which you have now, you should easily be able to have 2 showers running at the same time and not suffer temperature loss.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 04:27:09 AM »

The circ pump would be installed anywhere in the loop but the loop would have to continue from the tank out to his need and then back to the tank in a continuous loop, the circ simply moves the hot water around the loop so he doesn't have to wait for the water to come all the way from your tank.
 Pressure, most homes run 30 - 60 pounds of pressure, depending on your cut in and cut out settings, Roger does your pump short cycle when the water is being used, if so then more than likely the expansion tank on your well water has a bad bladder in it, the tank would need to be replaced.

Slimjim - I checked the pressure the well pressure tank and it shows 45 pounds.  The cut in is 40 and the cut out is 60.  Should I relieve some of the pressure in the tank to bring it closer to the cut in number?  Also, would a higher pressure than the cut in pressure cause the short cycling of the pump?  I don't know if it means anything but when I tap the side of the tank it sounds hollow (echos) as opposed to a "thud" sound I thought I would hear if the tank when waterlogged.  Roger   
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 04:45:48 AM »

No Roger, that is not what regulates the pressure, what the expansion tank does is to allow for expansion by filling an air bladder and allowing the water to compress it, when you run your faucett does your well pump cycle on and off about every 2-3 seconds or will it run for maybe 30 seconds and shut back off?
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 05:19:38 AM »

No Roger, that is not what regulates the pressure, what the expansion tank does is to allow for expansion by filling an air bladder and allowing the water to compress it, when you run your faucett does your well pump cycle on and off about every 2-3 seconds or will it run for maybe 30 seconds and shut back off?

Slimjim, I'll have to get back to you on that.  I'll test this evening after I'm done working on the apartment project.  Thanks for the education.  Roger 
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire
Pages: 1 [2]