Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Aquastat accuracy  (Read 5828 times)

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile
Re: Aquastat accuracy
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2015, 08:53:00 AM »

I put on a ranco and have mine set at 178 on and 183 off...temp rises to 187-189 after shut down. I'm getting 185-187 water out of the bottom of the tank according to my line temps. Boiler gauge reads 175 at fan off a d 185 at shut down. Working good

heat550

• OWF Brand: Heatmor
  • OWF Model: 1994 200ss 2015 400dcss
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 02:04:11 AM »

I put on a ranco and have mine set at 178 on and 183 off...temp rises to 187-189 after shut down. I'm getting 185-187 water out of the bottom of the tank according to my line temps. Boiler gauge reads 175 at fan off a d 185 at shut down. Working good

You have 2 zones correct ? Im wondering if mine acts this way because its pulling so much water throw it . Im exchanging all 155 in about 8-9 mins . both stoves did it . bottom of tanks always 6-7 degress cold then top . temp top stove 150f supply runs 143f-145f
Im still testing . Im heating all 6600 square feet . hasn't been cold yet . also it takes way less wood keeping boiler at temp also .
or I call it 4 hour loading .

Heat550

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2015, 03:05:21 AM »

I installed 4 sharkbit inline temp gauges yesterday and i discovered that the line temps at the boiler, house and shop are all within 1° of the aquastat reading. so, the boiler temp gauge is off about 3-5° which is fine, im just glad i know the exact temp of the water in the lines! I also like to run my water hott because i have radiant baseboards in my house. I have my ranco set at 178-185 (will creep to 188-190 after shutdown like shown in the pics below). my radiators are much more effective when keeping the water in them around 180 at all times. I tried running low and it just doesnt put out the necessary heat and take much much longer to reach the thermostat set point in the house. Also, runnign hotter decreases creosote in the firebox and the flue. Keeping my differential tightened also reduced extreme expansion and contraction on the steel which over time can lead to premature boiler failure.  I am also running two pumps, a B&G NRF-36 and a B&G NFR-22, i am also exchanging all the water in about 10 minutes or so. Im heating my 1000sqst dog kennel facility with 10ft ceilings to 65°, my 1000sqft attached garage is set at 75° and my 1500sqft house is set at 72° and of course DHW. this are running pretty smooth so far, i havent had to load the firebox past the bottom of the door yet. trying to time 12 hr burns as best i can and letting the fire burn almost completely out (expect for enough coals to start the next load) before loading. the few nights that it has dipped into the low teens i have seen a drastic increase in wood usage, which i anticipated. I am looking forward to some nasty cold weather to put this thing to the test! last January and February we didnt see one day above freezing.....this year has been pretty mild so far....40s during the day and 30s at night.
Pages: 1 [2]