Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: 5036 puffing out front intake  (Read 1924 times)

MTJAG

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: CL5036
  • CB 5036, Husky 450, Montana 2740 4WD,100% off grid
    • View Profile
5036 puffing out front intake
« on: December 06, 2014, 03:54:46 PM »

hey it's been awhile since I've been on here, but I've got a new problem with my CB5036.  While burning after shutting the door, it puffs smoke and a little fire out of the intake in the door.  Also, when the door is closed, it's not burning very good.  I've cleaned out the stack but the same results.  When I open the door it really gets to burning good.  I close the door and it starts puffing out the door vent big time. Never seen this before.  Anybody else had this problem?
"a man is no fool to give up what he can not keep to gain what he can not lose"

Crow

• OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: BL 28-40
  • Eastern Ontario
    • View Profile
Re: 5036 puffing out front intake
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 04:00:54 PM »

When you cleaned the stack, did that involve cleaning out the tee also? I cleaned mine out last week and it was built up pretty good already.  When the door is open and it burns better does the smoke come out the door or does it still go out the stack?

MTJAG

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: CL5036
  • CB 5036, Husky 450, Montana 2740 4WD,100% off grid
    • View Profile
Re: 5036 puffing out front intake
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 05:12:55 PM »

Crow, yes I cleaned out the T as well and it was clogged pretty good. Since I posted this a couple of hours ago, I went out and opened the door for about a 40 minute "hot" burn.  That seemed to help a lot.  When I closed the door, there was virtually no smoke coming out of the front vent then.  I had noticed a couple of weeks back when our temp dropped below zero for a couple of nights, my OWB was having trouble keeping up i.e., it just keep firing most of the night and wouldn't get back to 185 degrees...stayed around 170.  I thought it was because I had too much on it (we have our house and greenhouse connected), but I think it was just a build up of creosote in the stack and T.

Thanks for the response.
"a man is no fool to give up what he can not keep to gain what he can not lose"