Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wood master...leaking?  (Read 24499 times)

R W Ohio

• View Profile
Re: Wood master...leaking?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 02:23:52 PM »

Herefordgirl,

Did anyone drowned from the water coming out of your stove? It's been a long time and no word from you about your problem stove.Maybe the dealer fixed the problem and you were so happy you forgot to tell us about it.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 05:10:15 PM by R W Ohio »
R W Ohio
Canal Fulton,Oh.
Hawken Energy GH1000 Installed 8/10/06

rross

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 03:51:24 PM »

Forget Woodmasters warranty after 5 years, Just start welding!!!!!!!!!

herefordgirl

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2009, 05:12:41 PM »

Actually...we've been going round and round with these guys that I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER WM FURNACE AGAIN. I have now sent 2 letters one at the end of February (return receipt) and got a response from Lenn. He said that it is possible that they installed the wrong damper and that would answer many of the problems with the excess moisture , wood usage, leaking and the damper rod getting stuck. He said that some one would come and take a look at it...and here we wait. I sent another letter which they received on March 26 to both WM an my dealer and still waiting to hear from someone. the next letter is to be to the president of WM then the attorney general of NY whose office handles this type of situation. They are supposed to do all warranty work through the dealer and I have spoken other WM owners about this and they have the same complaints about this dealer...loves taking the $$ but not repairing things! They had to have yelling matches on  the phone more tha a few times to get this guy to come check things out. So, is the problem the dealer or the company???? All I know is that about 3 weeks ago i took out my trusty camera and my old 12 inch ruler and took pictures of the two stalagmites coming up from the concrete below the stove door and they measured 4" across and 10 "  high...both of them , from where the moisture is coming from out the door ! So let them tell me there is no moisture!!!

My letter to the president goes out tomorrow and we'll stay up on this with this board .....I still can't believe this whole situation since the last WM lasted 1o years and they always responded if there was an issue. I aguess they don't want to have to cough up a new stove (which is what they said would have to happen if they installed the wrong damper, apparantly the damper for the 4400 and the 5500 is almost identical)!

Thanks!

rross

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 07:09:56 AM »

Your best bet is to start with Attorney General.  My stove leaked at 4-1/2 years and they patched it.  Stove leaked at patch at 7-1/2 years and Woodmaster would repair it if I  paid 80% of bill.  Try to get your money back and buy or build something else.  I just finished welding mine! They always want to make the problems your fault.  Good Luck!!

herefordgirl

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2009, 10:38:37 AM »

Yep...that's the route we are taking. Will let you know how we make out.
Pages: 1 [2]