Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Anyone have a Wood Doctor?  (Read 8375 times)

jkebxjunke

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Anyone have a Wood Doctor?
« on: July 04, 2008, 08:20:49 PM »

Hi, I just put a deposit on a WD medium.  Anyone out there have a WD?
any tips info ect?
Thanks

603doug

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone have a Wood Doctor?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 06:57:10 PM »

Bought a wd converter and very happy. Have had it fired up for about a month heating the house, domestic hot water and my wood fired hot tub. Burns so clean that the first 2 weeks i would come home thinking it had gone out and it was cooking away. It is a good day when you do not have to burn propane or oil

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 08:00:21 PM »

It is a good day when you do not have to burn propane or oil
Amen
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

MyLeakyWoodDoctor

• MyIcyLeggedWoodDoctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 01:11:37 PM »

I am having a lot of problems with my stainless Steel Wood Doctor!  :bash:

I am the not so proud owner of my second 2000 lbs stainless steel exterior wood furnace.  My original furnace developed perforations in it's belly causing it to loose all it's water in only it's second heating season.  I managed to make it to spring by holding vigilance over ten or so pine plugs hammered into the holes to stop the leaks! 

This first boiler was promptly replaced under warranty by Wood Doctor at virtually no cost to me.

This replacement stainless steel boiler has now just barely made it threw it's third heating season this time developing perforations primarily along the belly weld lines! 

My original furnace has a 25 year warranty covering repairs at 100% for the first 5 years.  I am still within the first 5 years of my warranty and have had two of these boilers corrode out on me.

This time around though, Wood Doctor is exercising a phrase in it's warranty which they believe gives them the right to request that I ship my entire furnace half way across the country for assessment to repaired or replaced rather then they alow someone local to fix it.  

It is simply ludicrous to me that they believe they can interpret their warranty in this way, making  it,  in fact, no warranty at all!  Their interpretation is essentially that an entire 2000 lbs furnace is a "part" that they can request be returned to them for repair! 

I've stuck epoxy putty over all the holes in my Wood Doctor and put it back online for this heating season, but I have no idea how long it will be able to hold water!  I do not seem to have much choice at present!  ::)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 01:21:23 PM by MyLeakyWoodDoctor »

MyLeakyWoodDoctor

• MyIcyLeggedWoodDoctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 01:38:34 PM »

Well!  ::)

Who agrees that a 2000 lbs furnace physically connected to one's operational heating system should not be interpreted as "a part" that a dealer can request I throw on a truck and ship anywhere?

Sure, I'll ship a fan, thermostat, switch or something, but the entire boiler??? 

My warranty states "part or parts thereof", not every last stinking part all in one shipment!

This is just some kind of warranty game being played at the client's expense!

If you ask me, it's nothing more than a ... "wiggle out of honoring our warranty" ... wording interpretation!

Could your dealer play this game with you?  Would he?

I would appreciate some comments on this!

Thanks,

Leaky  ???
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 01:46:33 PM by MyLeakyWoodDoctor »

MyLeakyWoodDoctor

• MyIcyLeggedWoodDoctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 08:56:29 AM »

Hey,

I have heard via the grape vine that Wood Doctor maybe soon be sending a certified welder to my home to repair my leaking beastie!  :bag:

If this actually happens, the words "On Site" in my warranty will actually mean, "On Site!" .

I hope to be impressed by the work that is done to repair the many leaks and cracks in my Wood Doctor boiler and will be sure to post a number of pictures here to document the work for all to see!  :thumbup:

Perhaps next heating season will be a "leak-free" one!  ::)

Leaky  ;D

MyLeakyWoodDoctor

• MyIcyLeggedWoodDoctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 06:17:32 AM »

See my Welding Post!

Leaky   ;D