Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: COLD WEEK AHEAD  (Read 2309 times)

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
COLD WEEK AHEAD
« on: April 05, 2009, 07:50:23 AM »

Was going to shut down for the summer but a week of flurries and and near freezing temps are forcast so it looks like another week (at least) of wood burning. Almost looking forward to the spring chores of bedding strawberry plants and planting things...winter was longer than normal it seems or is it just my getting older makes the winters seem longer

Anyway, hope everyone is ready for warmer weather and a nice summer
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

R W Ohio

• View Profile
Re: COLD WEEK AHEAD
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 09:28:20 AM »

The weather man said not to sell the snow shovel yet. It looks like rain tonight and tomorrow changing to snow on Tuesday. I would also like to start working up the garden,but it doesn't look very good for at least the next week.As far as burning wood,last year the fire went out on the 3rd. of June.
R W Ohio
Canal Fulton,Oh.
Hawken Energy GH1000 Installed 8/10/06

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 06:42:19 PM »

december 02 southern ontario rain and well above freezing. weather man is promising  a change by morning..windy cooling down to the freezing mark and staying there or lower as the day goes on. i think winter is about to take hold and i been so busy working on the house in this nice weather i haven't cut a stick yet. boy when the university son gets home for Christmas he is in for a surprise...no laying around the house till noon on his time off!
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

dmorris

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 07:00:57 AM »

Sounds like fun! I can't wait till my two boys 3 & 1 can help out in the woods. I would love to see some snow by christmas!!!
Roseville , KY
CB 6048
STIHL 031AV

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 05:28:47 AM »

Our little guy is almost 17 months now.  He likes playing around with small chunks of wood at the woodpile and sometimes when I'm loading the furnace I'll pick him up and let him throw small chunks into the furnace.  He gets the biggest kick out of it.  :)
Jason-Pittsburgh, PA