Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Biomass, another gasser or a high efficiency conventional for our business?  (Read 5841 times)

CDF_USAF

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Biomass, another gasser or a high efficiency conventional for our business?
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2017, 08:55:06 AM »

Coal varies, but 160 per ton + trucking from Lehigh anthracite.

wreckit87

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2017, 08:56:20 AM »

at the end of the day ill probably go with another gasser. I agree the G3 and EGR would be pushing it for 5-10k square feet. If I go that route with another gasser ill most likely do another G200 or G400. Heatmaster has been a good company to deal with and I know from personal experience that they 1000% stand behind their product which makes me feel safe investing more $$ with them.

Wreckit, what didn't you like about the BL series?? As far as HE conventionals go I think they have the best bang out there. Followed 2nd by the C series. I really like their design and especially the dry base firebox and use of refractory. The field results from customers seems positive from what I see. I have no seen on in person though.

All depends on the insulation.

Personally if it was me I’d be looking real hard at a chip unit, then set it exactly half way between the house and business additions. 250-300 foot is doable with the large Logstor or the large 1 1/4” Rehau?Thermopex? Cant remember but somebody aid one of them is true 1 1/4”.

1-1/4" Thermopex is true 1-1/4" ID. Ask me how I know lol

wreckit87

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2017, 09:11:56 AM »

at the end of the day ill probably go with another gasser. I agree the G3 and EGR would be pushing it for 5-10k square feet. If I go that route with another gasser ill most likely do another G200 or G400. Heatmaster has been a good company to deal with and I know from personal experience that they 1000% stand behind their product which makes me feel safe investing more $$ with them.

Wreckit, what didn't you like about the BL series?? As far as HE conventionals go I think they have the best bang out there. Followed 2nd by the C series. I really like their design and especially the dry base firebox and use of refractory. The field results from customers seems positive from what I see. I have no seen on in person though.

I'm just saying I would suggest you play with one before pulling a trigger, that's all. This merely a personal opinion of course, so please take it with a grain of salt. What I have observed with the BL is this:

PROS:

1. Double door design to keep heat within the housing
2. Refractory for some storage (personally don't like it but could be a highlight for some)
3. Replaceable firebox in place
4. Multi pass flue

CONS:

1. Mild steel
2. Refractory lining (pain in the dick as far as I'm concerned)
3. No positive shutoff on the draft system. No damper, just a weighted flapper that constantly leaks air and creeps past setpoint
4. No external controls, guy needs to open the back door to check temp or shut down the fan

These are merely observations, but honestly you couldn't give me one for free. Efficiency is great and I do love the fact that fireboxes can be replaced onsite, but given the fact that they're mild steel is the only place that'd come in handy. Their draft system is elementary at best, and the last 28-40 I installed was creeping 40 degrees past setpoint with no load on it due to that cheesy ass flapper contraption. It was warm out, but that's beside the point. If it was doing it without a load, it's going to do it all the time and waste a lot of unnecessary fuel IMO. I checked out a brand new one and 2 already in place after I figured that out, and all 3 of those had the same constantly open intake passage. Pretty cheesy for a $9k boiler IMO

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2017, 09:40:41 AM »

One thought,
All the Heatmaster models have bolt on tanks to simplify future onsite tank swaps. Should take a couple of hours with a tractor or something similar. I think they started that back in maybe 2010 or '11.
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2017, 09:49:16 AM »

yes I like that feature.....Heatmor is the same way, being able to swap out if needed is nice.

Wreckit....that does sounds cheesy for 9k boiler. ill definitely look at one if I decide to go that route.

I think its going to come down to doing a Big Biomass unit or another gasser the more I think about it. I will know more after I get some numbers at the end of January from the contractors

wreckit87

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2017, 10:11:15 AM »

Gonna need a 2 week heads up Dylan, long drive ahead of me  ;D

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2017, 10:24:54 AM »

hahaha I will definitely buddy!
Pages: 1 [2]