Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: huskee or still saw  (Read 9175 times)

martyinmi

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
Re: huskee or still saw
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2013, 07:09:13 PM »

A nearby dealer has not ever been an issue for me. I have always liked to tinker, and with the easy parts availability of most brands out there via the internet, I can mess something up really bad and still come out way ahead verses paying a dealer $75.00/hr.
My newest saw at the moment is a Stihl 310, but I rarely use it. I usually take either my 550 or XL923 Homelites for bigger trees, any one of my 3-360 Homelites, or Mac 610, or sometimes even my one of my old Mac 250's if I'm feelin' nostalgic for medium trees and bucking, and for limbing I'll take either my CS40 or CS50 Homelite, or sometimes my dads old Mac10-10 Auto, or maybe my 430VC Mac.
If for some reason any of the above, or even all of them fail to start, I've got a many more on hand to take their place!

I've only got about $1600 into every saw that I've bought over the years. A lot of folks have that much into one saw. Quite a few of mine were actual basket cases when I got them. I've only got two saws at the moment that don't run (a Mac 200 and a 330 Homelite), and I'll get them up and running before I'll let another follow me home...maybe >:D >:D

Did I mention that I like chainsaws and I love to work on them. :)
Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

racnruss

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort gt-220 sold P&M Optimizer 250 sold now Heatmaster 10000E
    • View Profile
Re: huskee or still saw
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2013, 05:33:41 PM »

Buy the saw that has the hottest girls in the skimpiest clothes on their calender.  If she is rubbed down in Amsoil, all the better.

that's great! 

I own a tree service and have used most brands and models.  Now we use Husky exclusively except for pole saws which are echo for greatest reach.

Stihl and Husky are both good brands as long as you buy the pro(stihl)or xp(husky) series.  They cost more but well worth it.

I love it when someone tells me that they have had a saw for 20 years.  I wish saws had hour meters.
Tree service Owner/Operator since 1997.  Central Iowa.
Pages: 1 2 [3]