Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Leaker #2  (Read 13645 times)

gandgracing

• View Profile
Leaker #2
« on: August 16, 2011, 07:36:15 PM »

If anyone remembers all the troubles I've had, they have continued.  I started with the 165 and it wasn't piped up right and fixed that and then after that the bottom of the tank got a hole in it.  They said it looked like it was hit with the welder right in the middle of the bottom when it was being built.  Didn't look like it to me (cheap and thin steel??).  So they made up for it and switched it out for the 250.  I just used it this last season and got along pretty good with it until I went out to feed the dog today and noticed water all around the stove.  Its been sitting since late April and its got the proper chemicals in it for anti-corrosion.  What the hell do I do now.  This is just ridiculous.  I know lots of others with other brands that dont even mess with chemicals in there water and dont have problems like this.  I will demand another one.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 08:06:09 PM by gandgracing »

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
Re: Leaker #2
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 09:15:31 PM »

good luck and keep the forum posted on your results please
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 07:59:29 PM »

good luck and keep the forum posted on your results please

Pretty common story I keep hearing. If you just google shaver problems you'll be baffled.  I hate it for you!  After 2 leaky stoves I think I'd just be demanding my money back from Shaver. 

However, keep us posted, i'm interested in hearing how they handle this situation.
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

gandgracing

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 08:04:35 PM »

I got an email from them asking me if I had someone local to weld it.  My first stove that leaked I had a friend (certified welder) weld it and it lasted maybe a week or two and sarted leaking again beside the original.  It has to be the thin metal but why isn't anyone else having this issue?  They are also wanting a picture so now I get to unhook the pumps, lines, electric and then start taking my woodshed apart since I built it around the stove.  I'm almost beside myself dealing with this.  I wish they would just give me my money back.

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 10:31:10 PM »

I wonder if your old boiler got new sheet metal on it and went to someone else and you got someone elses old boiler? Did they say it was new. They could probably do that and call it refurbished. (I have no idea if they do this I know that is what happens with computers and a lot of other products when you get a warranty replacement.

gandgracing

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 11:27:35 AM »

I'm pretty sure the second stove was new. Nothing had been in the firebox. But who knows about this place. Im really not sure what I want to do...  I'm not going the welded route though. Demand a new one or fight for my money back.???  What's your guys thoughts?

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 11:33:42 AM »

If it was me I would try for money back first and new boiler as second option. I doubt you will be able to get the money out of them though.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 02:41:58 PM »

I'm pretty sure the second stove was new. Nothing had been in the firebox. But who knows about this place. Im really not sure what I want to do...  I'm not going the welded route though. Demand a new one or fight for my money back.???  What's your guys thoughts?

My advice is to fight like hell.   Your not the only one having issues though, dont fool yourself.  I talked to a guy who was at there place and they said they were using old gas line casing for there fireboxes at the time and that it was in horrible condition.  Said it might look really good one one side and nothing but thick scale rust on the other.. 
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

gandgracing

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 09:07:07 AM »

Now they want water sample sheets and an invoice.  Will post a pic of the leak later this evening
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 09:09:10 AM by gandgracing »

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 03:34:08 PM »

invoice will likely be from teh 1st leaker  and warranty will be from that time not from the time of the replacement? (just wondering)
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

gandgracing

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 03:51:11 PM »

They are talkin invoice and paperwork from wood boiler solutions. Water sample place. I got my shed pretty much takin apart but haven't moved the stove yet. I have located the leak though. It's about 8" from the back and right in the middle. I dried it off and you can see it seeping out.  It feels like if I scraped it with a screwdriver it would go right thru it. Hope to mess with it some more tomorrow.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 08:26:11 PM »

They are talkin invoice and paperwork from wood boiler solutions. Water sample place. I got my shed pretty much takin apart but haven't moved the stove yet. I have located the leak though. It's about 8" from the back and right in the middle. I dried it off and you can see it seeping out.  It feels like if I scraped it with a screwdriver it would go right thru it. Hope to mess with it some more tomorrow.

Shewww.....  that doesn't sound good! 

I would have much rather heard it was seeping at a weld, that could possibly be fixed easily, but for it to be leaking in the middle with less than quality material like your saying, then that confirms what i've heard. 

Hope you get something worked out!
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

mikenc

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 07:26:23 PM »

Try for the refund first. Makes you wonder about the metal with it leaking some where other than weld. I had a stove ordered from them before I bought the one i have. They didn't ship when they were suppose to so I canceled order. Kinda glade i did now.  Sure hope you get it worked out.

gandgracing

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 03:25:35 PM »

I think I'm going to have to get a lawyer at this point.  Got my sample sheets from July last year after I installed the stove and they look good.  They will not call me back or email.  I did get ahold of a lady at the desk and she says she dont know what else to do cause she says she forwarded all my info and calls but he says I'll just call back.  And never does.  Just wanting my money back now.

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 05:38:20 PM »

i have been reading in other forums of this company, many many bad reports of stoves not being delivered, refunds non existent, one guy said he ordered a stove in july of 2008 and never recived it by october, he drove to the plant  all the way from michigan and picked one up off the lot and said the manufacturing plant was a disaster and recomende that no one buy one from them. this is (i guess) what i would call second hand info but i elected to pass it on as there have been many "not so good" messages in this forum over the time i have been here.
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada
Pages: [1] 2 3