Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Heard they aren't gonna pull through  (Read 20027 times)

userdk

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G 400
    • View Profile
    • Outdoor Wood Furnaces - Pineview Woodstoves
Heard they aren't gonna pull through
« on: February 26, 2015, 09:59:02 PM »

I heard somewhere that Taylor has no gassifier and thus will be closing the doors of their outdoor wood boiler line.

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: Heard they aren't gonna pull through
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 02:37:38 AM »

That is not good, I feel they made a pretty decent unit and would think they could design a unit that would be competitive, I feel bad for the workers and folks who have their units now, are they going to use their factory for something else or just close up all together?
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 06:22:47 AM »

If you goto Taylors website they also manufacture several other things as well, like grape harvesters and pruners.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

shepherd boy

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 01:52:32 AM »

Talk to any Taylor dealers or reps. and they are going strong as ever. They say the law doesn't apply to them and they are offering there same stoves like always. They may be right, doesn't look like EPA is is enforcing any rule. They were smart enough to save there R&D money and keep rolling.
Let the youngin's have it
 Gettin' old and lazy
 Lookin' for the next good fishing hole

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 02:53:11 AM »

That's very typical of the EPA to create laws and then not enforce them right away, they will wait and let the sales happen for a while then go in and grab records, each boiler they sell could cost them up to $25,000.  I'm surprised they won't try to build one, they had a pretty good product for what it was.

shepherd boy

• OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 03:07:49 AM »

Seams like it is an erie silence. Maybe they had to take a vacation and catch their breath after writing a 370 page rule.
Let the youngin's have it
 Gettin' old and lazy
 Lookin' for the next good fishing hole

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 03:48:18 AM »

The DEP did the same here in Maine, to my knowledge not one person has been fined or had their unit removed but the DEP succeeded in their efforts to trash the entire industry so sales plummeted for years.
I stood against those rules from the start and still do today BUT the right thing to do by my customers is to do the best I can to stay in business for their future needs, a few of those $25,000. Fines would certainly put me out and then where would my customers that trusted in me be.
For those still looking at conventional non EPA certified units, beware, the folks you are doing business with are taking a very big risk, if the EPA does decide to enforce the rules, those companies will not be there for warranty for long and the EPA will not care that your warranty is no better than any of the other companies that have folded over the past few years.

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 07:04:05 AM »

The DEP did the same here in Maine, to my knowledge not one person has been fined or had their unit removed but the DEP succeeded in their efforts to trash the entire industry so sales plummeted for years.
I stood against those rules from the start and still do today BUT the right thing to do by my customers is to do the best I can to stay in business for their future needs, a few of those $25,000. Fines would certainly put me out and then where would my customers that trusted in me be.
For those still looking at conventional non EPA certified units, beware, the folks you are doing business with are taking a very big risk, if the EPA does decide to enforce the rules, those companies will not be there for warranty for long and the EPA will not care that your warranty is no better than any of the other companies that have folded over the past few years.

And not only that, once you are on the EPA’s radar you won’t drop off it anytime soon. Even if a person or company could survive one or several $25,000 fines, you know as well as I do once the EPA gets their cut, other gov agencies will also be keeping an eye on your every action, is called revenue generation.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

atvalaska

• OWF Brand: aqua-therm
  • OWF Model: coal one 275
  • 907, no vacancy !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2016, 01:49:12 PM »

Hummmm, I though WE were in charge....

woodman

• OWF Brand: hawken
  • OWF Model: he1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2016, 06:40:21 AM »

LOL!!!!!! What country do you live in? Ever here of the IRS where you are assumed guilty until proven otherwise. How about eminent domain? How about property tax on property I already paid for and "own" Now I get to pay rent for it every year. How about the EPA who takes away tools I use to make a living all the while letting imports come from countries that can use what I can't! I could go on but I am starting to get up set, and I am just preaching to the choir. Folks on this forum are not the problem in society.

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2016, 08:52:37 AM »

LOL!!!!!! What country do you live in? Ever here of the IRS where you are assumed guilty until proven otherwise. How about eminent domain? How about property tax on property I already paid for and "own" Now I get to pay rent for it every year. How about the EPA who takes away tools I use to make a living all the while letting imports come from countries that can use what I can't! I could go on but I am starting to get up set, and I am just preaching to the choir. Folks on this forum are not the problem in society.

And the thing that really burns me about property taxes are they are not based at all on the ability to pay.

If you have a bad year not only will your federal and state taxes go down, you may even get a hefty chunk back, not so with property taxes, it’s the same regardless if you can actually pay them or not.

2012 was the last drought year, we got lucky and got just enough rain every time things started to look critical, had record yields here that I sold at $8 for corn and sold a lot of $15 plus beans, paid all my loans off and went into 2013 debt free. Last year I had roughly half the yield as normal from flooding then to add insult to injury prices were in the toilet. Just barely broke even, but I bet those bastards in the county seat will actually try to raise my property taxes again.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

woodman

• OWF Brand: hawken
  • OWF Model: he1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2016, 10:47:57 AM »

And the thing that really burns me about property taxes are they are not based at all on the ability to pay.

If you have a bad year not only will your federal and state taxes go down, you may even get a hefty chunk back, not so with property taxes, it’s the same regardless if you can actually pay them or not.

2012 was the last drought year, we got lucky and got just enough rain every time things started to look critical, had record yields here that I sold at $8 for corn and sold a lot of $15 plus beans, paid all my loans off and went into 2013 debt free. Last year I had roughly half the yield as normal from flooding then to add insult to injury prices were in the toilet. Just barely broke even, but I bet those bastards in the county seat will actually try to raise my property taxes again.

Not sure how it works in your state but here in Michigan they love to tell us how our value is "capped". The thing they don't tell you is that the capped value aka taxable value will continue to increases until it hits the assessed value which is determined by the sale price of other properties. Back in 09 there were all kinds of repo homes in the area, I argued our assessed value should also go down but the township told me they can't use "distressed" properties in their equation for value. Seems kinda one sided to me.

E Yoder

• OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2017, 12:12:30 PM »

Taylor was not at the Southern Farm Show this year. ? But I hear them being quoted on new jobs. Same old units.  I dunno.
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2017, 07:57:28 PM »

I dunno, I’d rather have to tangle with the IRS than the EPA.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

aarmga

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort
  • OWF Model: NCB-250
  • Central Wisconsin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2017, 08:59:11 PM »

Let's hope they back off some with trump stepping in. At least for a few years.  I know they never "go back" on what is but at least they may not "go forward"
Stihl 211 - 16"
Remington Rodeo Pro - 20"
Stihl 661r magnum - 36"
SpeeCo 22 Ton Honda splitter
JD 1025r with FEL
Natures Comfort NCB 250 custom added overhead air injection