Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Interested in NCB...  (Read 3099 times)

arbor79

• View Profile
Interested in NCB...
« on: August 25, 2011, 05:09:09 PM »

I am currently looking at outdoor wood boilers.  I am looking to heat 2 homes with hot water and in the future a pole barn.  From NC I am looking at the 325, 325g and the GT 500.  I am curious if anyone on here has any experience with any of these boilers.  Also what are your impressions on the company?  Has anyone had to deal with any warranty claims? 

Thanks for your responses

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: Interested in NCB...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 06:28:34 PM »

I sent you a private message. 
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

kjw58

• OWF Brand: Natures Comfort
  • OWF Model: 275G- Coal Burner
    • View Profile
Re: Interested in NCB...
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 09:16:00 PM »

Hi arbor79
 I have the smaller gassifier from natures comfort, the GT-220.  I'm heating about 4500 sq ft in two different buildings and my dhw.  I have one heating season on it and it is working great, it has plenty of capacity.  Gassification is the way to go.  It is really unbelivable how much heat you can get out of so little amount of wood, with very little smoke!.  I had a couple issues with my stove and when I brought it to there attention, they sent me everything I needed to make it right,  you can't ask for much more than that.

When I was looking to buy my owb I must have looked at about 10 different brands and for me it came down to the gassification stoves from Natures comfort Gt-220 and Portage & Main Optimizer 250.  The GT-220 was less $ and a local company with good dealers and made in the usa (wisconsin)  vs the Canadian made Portage and Main which is a very well built stove.  I really don't think you could go wrong with either one of them.  Good Luck and keep us posted   :thumbup:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 09:18:01 PM by kjw58 »
S.E. Mich.
New Holland TC40DA
IH 464 w/2250 Loader
6 x 10 Dump Trailer
2 Stihl 261's
Poulan 3400 & 3700
Poulan 2150
Homelite Super XL