Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: You guys have to watch this!!!  (Read 8408 times)

powerstroke

• OWF Brand: Shaver
  • OWF Model: Series 290
    • View Profile
You guys have to watch this!!!
« on: February 23, 2012, 10:15:01 PM »

This lady is from an environmental "save the world" organization just slamming the hell out of outdoor wood furnaces!  You need to fast forward to the 15 minute mark because there is a couple of things she is discussing.  Just lovely...... >:(

Ep31: Environmentalist Nancy Alderman
Stihl 310 20" bar

Stihl 391 25" bar

Homelite  14" bar

Shaver Pro Series 290

Jack72

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: E-1450 (11)
    • View Profile
Re: You guys have to watch this!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 04:27:20 AM »

That Lady is not good         as usual  she doesn't have all the facts        mine dosn't run 24/7
Chevy 2500 HD 13 Duramax
Stihl 046 036 009
Northern Tool 25 ton Splitter

Roger2561

• OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 04:30:56 AM »

Thanks for sharing that with us.  I am saddened to learn that because I have inhaled a little smoke from my OWB I will be "sick" in a couple of weeks.  No doubt the pictures she sited are the worst case senario.  I ask everyone who uses an OWB, please, use dry wood.  It will burn cleaner but more importantly, she'll have no ammunition against us OWB owners.  That's my 2 cents...  Roger   
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

jerkash

• OWF Brand: Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 05:11:59 AM »

I did a google search on this lady and found her email address.

info@ehhi.org

I just sent her a email telling her she needed to get her facts right before she spoke.

I would suggest each one of you do the same.  I'm even thinking about sending her a pic or two of mine burning with no smoke coming out of the chimney.

Roger2561

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 06:02:18 AM »

I did a google search on this lady and found her email address.

info@ehhi.org

I just sent her a email telling her she needed to get her facts right before she spoke.

I would suggest each one of you do the same.  I'm even thinking about sending her a pic or two of mine burning with no smoke coming out of the chimney.

I too just sent to her an email asking that she become educated before she gets on her pulpit. 

My guess is she against fossil fuels, now she's against wood heat...I wonder how she expects people to heat their homes and domestic hot water?  Funny, she offers no alternative solution.  Typical for someone who has nothing to do but tell people how to live their lives. 

Roger
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
New Hampshire

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 06:17:44 AM »

I am calling BS on this lady and her 10 member ehhi organization,  she must live next door to someone who burns green wood or someone is feeding her bad info and paying her to say this garbage.
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"

swede

• OWF Brand: shaver 165
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 07:00:23 AM »

friggen tree huggers.......that beotch needs a walleye up the schute.
the smoke don't mean its broke

powerstroke

• OWF Brand: Shaver
  • OWF Model: Series 290
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 07:35:56 AM »

All it takes is people like this to spread the fear about our furnaces ........then it all goes downhill from there!  "All it takes is 2 weeks of exposure to one of these things and you will be sick".  We should all be dead by now then eh?
Stihl 310 20" bar

Stihl 391 25" bar

Homelite  14" bar

Shaver Pro Series 290

lugnut

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 07:41:55 AM »

Well, I'd like to watch it with sound...have the volume turned up all the way on external speakers, but nothing coming out.  and I cannot read lips just yet.  So it goes the feds telling us how we are to run our lives.  Yep, Roger you are correct, these tree huggers can come up with all sorts of issues that strictly bother THEM, but they never offer any solutions.   Jerks.

Lugnut
Jerry
Greenleaf, Wisconsin
Shaver Pro series 250 - Installed 10/28/2011
Cub Cadet / Yanmar 2450  sub-compact tractor
Husquvarna 455 Rancher
1999 Ford F-150 4x4 w/207k miles

AirForcePOL

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G400
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 09:12:52 AM »

"I have a hard time believing that in the 21st century that there are so many people out there actually heating their home with an outdoor furnace 24 hours a day"  I lost it at that point!
Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290
Troy Bilt 27 ton splitter

woodman

• OWF Brand: hawken
  • OWF Model: he1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 09:42:41 AM »

"I have a hard time believing that in the 21st century that there are so many people out there actually heating their home with an outdoor furnace 24 hours a day"  I lost it at that point!

That tells you just how out of touch these people are with reality beyond city limits. I like her opening comment "most of your viewers probably don't know what a owf is." Why do we let people that don't even know what they are talking about have such influence on our society? Oh ya I forgot, money and votes. Why elese would we let people that rent vote on millages, or people on wellfare vote for elected officials. Opps I guess I am not being politicaly corrcet. 

Bill G

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Opt. 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 09:50:13 AM »

This lady needs a proper education and maybe somethin' else she hasn't gotten since Truman was in office!!!

I watched from the 14 min mark, and also learned I need to go wash my "vector control" house cats paws, and try to stop Jack the beagle from licking his B*lls!  It's going to make him sick!  But he soooo enjoys it!

Going out now to throw a couple more cartons a Lucky Strikes and maybe a Camel or 2 into my OWB!  By the way, when our Gov. burns all that maryjuanny stuff they confiscate from the hippies, now that's the facility that old bag should live down wind from!!!

Bill
Stihl saws
Homegrown splitter
'10 3500 Dodge Cummins
(Beagles and snowshoe hares!!)
NE PA

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 10:08:37 AM »

I just gave the video 2 thumbs down. I don't think I have any more google accounts.  ;D
We should see how many we can give it.

woodfuel

• OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: cl5036
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 10:32:29 AM »

Wow!! I guess she would rather see farms and farmers lose everything instead of finding a small way to save money.

Roger2561

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 11:51:56 AM »

The scariest thing about people like her is that her cause at some time in the future will find its way to the national media.  You and I will not be granted a chance for rebuttal of her claims on the national news.  When 94% of those in the national media profess to be liberals, they have an agenda and a means of getting it in your face.  Once her cause has made it that far, it won't take long for a politician to take up the cause, jump on his/her soapbox and make it a national security issue.  If you think the EPA is being a PITA now, wait til this thing gets national attention. 

This morning when I was stoking my eclassic 1400 most everyone on my street were getting their indoor woodstoves fired up.  Mine smoked maybe for 2 minutes after being stoked, it cleared as soon as the reaction chamber temp hit 750... The neighbors chimney's were still billowing smoke when I left for work an hour and half later.  But, as she was saying, it's clean smoke...

Also, I did a Google search on her claim that some one in VT died because of the OWB.  The case goes back to the mid 2000's, around 2006/2007.  The lady who died had a history of serious heart troubles.  She was found on the floor complaining of front and upper back pain, left arm pain, dizziness, feeling of vomiting, sweating, weakness... I am a retired volenteer medic from my town and all the medical books I read would lead me to believe she was having a heart attack.  The patient did not go nor want to go to the hospital, she wanted to stay home.  She was left at home.  She was found dead 24 hours later at home.  No autopsy was performed to check to see if carbon monoxide poisoning contributed to her death, or complications to heart trouble (i.e. heart attack) but the family still sued the neighbor for a wrongful death.  It case was settled out of court.  It did not state if the prosecutors office got involved.      Roger   
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
New Hampshire
Pages: [1] 2