Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: WATER TESTING  (Read 7114 times)

allis48

• OWF Brand: natures comfort
  • OWF Model: ncb250
    • View Profile
WATER TESTING
« on: March 01, 2012, 06:26:25 AM »

Seeing how I seen NC doesn't do the water testing anymore is there anyone on hee willing to test the water for me and what would it cost?

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: WATER TESTING
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 08:00:40 AM »

Seeing how I seen NC doesn't do the water testing anymore is there anyone on hee willing to test the water for me and what would it cost?

I'm not sure it would do you any good as far as your warranty is concerned.  I would try to contact wood boiler solutions to see if they would do it, the whole water testing deal is a big gray area with nc.
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

MD20/20

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort
  • OWF Model: 325G
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 05:07:01 PM »

how is it gray now as compared to before? 
Central MD

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 08:27:31 PM »

I will call Dave next week and get a straight answer about it. I couldn't make any sense out of the email they sent.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 09:08:06 PM »

First they did it, then dealers or boiler solutions, can't ever get a straight answer. 
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

allis48

• OWF Brand: natures comfort
  • OWF Model: ncb250
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 06:04:45 AM »

I will call Dave next week and get a straight answer about it. I couldn't make any sense out of the email they sent.

I would like to hear the answer!!

RSI

• View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 03:50:28 PM »

I never got around to calling today. I will try remembering to do it tomorrow if I get a chance.

MD20/20

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort
  • OWF Model: 325G
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 04:18:14 PM »

Question to Dave-"where do we get water test done to satisfy the warranty?"  Response-  "Wood boiler solutions, it's in the manual."

Central MD

RSI

• View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 04:29:43 PM »

It looks like they are saying dealers can do the testing but need to make sure. The test that Wood Boiler Solutions does is a lot more than just the nitrite ppm test that is required for the warranty.

Treatment & Testing

Your boiler must have "Nature's Comfort Boiler Treatment" added during initial filling with water, antifreeze or glycol and must be tested when first filled and then annually at the end of a heating season to ensure proper concentration (1,000-1,5000ppm, never below 500ppm minimum of nitrites) for your warranty to remain valid. The water jacket must remain full of properly treated water at all times after installation save for draining, flushing and re-treating. Minimum recommended initial mix ratios for each boiler is: NCB120 - 1.5Qt; NCB175 - 1.5Qts; NCB250 - 2Qts; NCB325(G) - 3Qts, NCB-575 - 6Qts, GT220 -2Qts, GT-500 -3Qts. There is no maximum limit. Contact Nature's Comfort or your dealer to obtain water treatment. You must have your water tested for nitrites by your dealer or you may order a more comprehensive test from Wood Boiler Solutions LLC to also satisfy warranty requirements. Order over the phone at (920)324-2007 or you may order online at www.woodboilersolutions.com using promotion code "NCLLC" to receive a 15% discount. Always request results to be sent to you and you must keep them on file to show proof of treatment and testing if warranty work is ever needed. Testing done by anyone other than a dealer, Wood Boiler Solutions, a certified lab or Nature's Comfort will not be accepted for warranty claims but is encouraged for monitoring treatment levels to obtain the maximum life out of a Nature's Comfort boiler, particularly if water is being added throughout a heating season. Nitrite test kits are available from your dealer or Nature's Comfort. Drain, flush, re-fill and re-treat if water is ever not clear. Visit www.naturescomfortllc.com/warranty each year for current treatment and testing requirements.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 04:39:00 PM »

Question to Dave-"where do we get water test done to satisfy the warranty?"  Response-  "Wood boiler solutions, it's in the manual."

He's said that and more....  I just never know what to tell customers.  Like he told you "wood boiler solutions" but the manual says or dealer.  Bet anything u can call James or Eric and get a different answer.  It used to be the dealer or customer could do it and record it, but I think that allows way to much variable.  The dealer could help his customer to protect himself, or the customer could simply fill out his treatment results 10 years down the road when the stove fails. 
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

RSI

• View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 12:32:51 PM »

I just talked to James at Nature's Comfort.

Water testing is required after initial fill and once per year. The customer is required to keep a record of it being done. It can be done by any Nature's Comfort dealer or by Wood Boiler Solutions.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 12:50:37 PM »

Water testing is required after initial fill and once per year. The customer is required to keep a record of it being done. It can be done by any Nature's Comfort dealer or by Wood Boiler Solutions.

3 weeks ago he told me just wood boiler solutions, think they were worried dealers would try to cover for a customer....
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2012, 12:51:45 PM »

3 weeks ago he told me just wood boiler solutions, think they were worried dealers would try to cover for a customer....

But since that's what the warranty says too, I'll go with that!
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

RSI

• View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2012, 01:57:25 PM »

He said there was a form that the dealer needs to fill out and give the customer for their records. I couldn't find it and just sent him an email asking for a new copy.

The warranty page on the website says by dealer or wood boiler solutions.

I was trying to keep out of the middle as far as test results, etc but it looks like I will have to do it because my customers won't want to pay the $30 a year to send a sample in.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2012, 02:58:57 PM »

He said there was a form that the dealer needs to fill out and give the customer for their records. I couldn't find it and just sent him an email asking for a new copy.

The warranty page on the website says by dealer or wood boiler solutions.

I was trying to keep out of the middle as far as test results, etc but it looks like I will have to do it because my customers won't want to pay the $30 a year to send a sample in.

I know how u feel, I can just see it coming back on us as we tried to buddy buddy a customer or something down the road.
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697
Pages: [1] 2