Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New Installation  (Read 11627 times)

sstan

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: New Installation
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 10:57:51 AM »

Great .. I will have to try the 1 1/2 pipe in back slot ... I imagain it cuts air flow from blowing straight up the chimmney.  There is another thread with a guy that owns a shaver .. much like ours that is trying to design and air deflector for his ash box.  we bith notice the air flow is very strong out the very front slot .. the blower mounted as it is blows straight in ash pan and kits door and blows very hard out of that slot .. make the fire hot in front near door.
Steve from Windsor NY
using an NCB- 175

mikenc

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 07:48:38 PM »

Steve
You mentioned chestnut coal. Is that the small stuff about 1 inch in size? Do you put the coal on top of the wood coals in my case since I have only been burning wood, and then put more wood on top of that?
It will probably be next winter  before I will get a chance to try it though, but would like to give it a try.
I put the 11/2 pipe in back slot then slid grate all the way back aganist it. Seams to direct air more to front. Dealer said some people have been doing just the opposite installing pipe in front. Haven't tried it up front yet. I guess its what ever works best for each individual.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 06:12:27 PM by mikenc »

sstan

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 09:25:12 PM »

Yea .. going to keep playing with closing the slots with diff size pieces ... I have bigger rods in front and back so the most air is in the middle.  The coal is called a few diff things .. chestnut or lump coal.. but 1 in is average size .. I did a mix .. have a small bed of wood coal .. put a few shovels of coal on and some wood.  It burns nice that way .. I do have to stir the coal some the next day to get the finer ash to fall in the pan. 
Steve from Windsor NY
using an NCB- 175
Pages: 1 [2]