Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Empyre Elite 100 XT Product review Part 2  (Read 4714 times)

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Empyre Elite 100 XT Product review Part 2
« on: February 28, 2013, 09:25:07 AM »

As you can see my last product review on this product was January 1st.  Through all of January and the first 3 weeks of February I neglected the stove and didn't clean it out, just to see what would happen. 

After nearly 7 weeks of no cleaning I removed the cover on the exhaust tubes and began to clean the stove, "I had noticed my stack temps were noticeably hotter by the way" the empyre brush is a flexible plastic rod with a piece of 1/2 pex slid over it for some rigidity.  The xt has 8 tubes, one of which was clogged, I had 2 more that took a little bit of effort to get clean but the rest were actually in good shape.  Even though they had build up, the build up was dry as powder and there was nothing sticky about it.  After 10-15 minutes of cleaning I was done.  Keep in mind that it had been nearly 7 weeks!!  With no additives, which I am thinking if I would have used proformer, the test may still be going on today.  However I'm still impressed that it could go that long, still function and give me good burn times, of course after cleaning it, efficiency did pick up and it began to use a little less wood.

So with all of that being said, and having no real different opinions since my first review 2 months ago, I still think that this is a very user friendly unit, the firebox as I have mentioned is a little small, but I'm not seeing any cleaning nightmares that we hear of on some models and brands. 

My last review on the xt100 will be when I shut it down for the summer and end my testing of the unit, at that point I'm going to take it apart and see if I can see any potential problem areas that may be developing. 
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

brewster113

• OWF Brand: Empyre Pro Series
  • OWF Model: ECB200a
    • View Profile
Re: Empyre Elite 100 XT Product review Part 2
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 08:03:18 AM »

Hi Scott, I am hoping to take delivery of a new Empyre Elite XT 200 later this week and just wondered if anyone has any experience with this furnace. I am getting this stove as a partial warranty replacement from Empyre. Just wondered what I may be getting into as I can find anything on the web about this stove.

Bruce w. Thurston

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: Empyre Elite 100 XT Product review Part 2
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 08:14:21 AM »

Good units, the xt200 has a larger firebox, makes it easier to load and such.  You'll be happy with it
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697