Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: another project  (Read 1982 times)

rosewood

• View Profile
another project
« on: January 26, 2010, 06:07:01 PM »

yesterday the wind was blowing so hard here in mass and lights flickered off /on a few times and got me thinking about my generator project. the one i put on a back burner. well now with a owb i need to get it going,i plan on building a gen set. i have wisconsin wd-2 diesel engine,and hopefully a 10kwgen to couple together, my plan is to put it in  the basement utility room and tie into my oil tanks [might as well use the oil for something]..pipe exhaust outside , install 6 panel transfer switch . anyone done anything like i described? pros/cons?

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
Re: another project
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 06:12:48 PM »

witht he exaust going outside, so you think the noise will be very loud in the house?

i have no idea...but your project sounds interesting

any laws you have to abide by for something like this?
make sure your transfer switches are to code (in ontario it has to be impossable to put power back into the grid when using stand by power)

photos are a must now that you have told u s you are starting...lol

good luck
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

rosewood

• View Profile
Re: another project
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 07:53:05 PM »

willie ,not sure how loud it will be in the room it will be going in. the room is well insulated and foundation is for mud room off main house. the transfer switch i've seen is foolproof ,disconnects main from gen and viceversa. i should check if its ok to do this ,hate to ask .....easier to ask for forgivness than to ask for permission! lol