Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Looking for Suggestions  (Read 1687 times)

lasasj

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: E-Classic 1450
    • View Profile
Looking for Suggestions
« on: October 24, 2013, 01:24:40 PM »

Given the vast information available here... I'm having trouble answering my questions (though I'm learning a lot)

Background:  Just purchased a Central Boiler e-Classic 1450... installing 140' of 1" thermopex underground through my basement this weekend.  I live in an old, poorly insulated house with large radiators (currently hooked to an oil furnace).  I plan on installing two zones of radiant heating in the near future. 

My Plan:  Purchase a heat exchanger, connect my existing heat pipes to the heat exchanger and leave four tees (with valves) for two future radiant zones.

My Questions:

-What size/brand of pumps/circulators should I get ? (Or how should I determine this)
-What size/brand heat exchanger should I get?
-Do I need any valves (i.e. check valves, thermostatic valves) in addition to regular valves for maintenance?
-Is there a better way to heat my house than what I plan on doing?

I know this is a lot of questions/info, but there's a ton of conflicting info across the internet and I'd like some input to what's good and what I should avoid. 

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 04:17:48 PM »

To start off with ur stove requires a thermostatic valve and it should come with one, without it you have no warranty.

did you already purchase the thermopex?  Did ur dealer offer logstor?  If he did id be jumping up and down to have the logstor instead of thermopex
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

hoardac

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster G-200
  • OWF Model: Formerly Wooddoctor
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 06:40:15 PM »

I will second the logstor advice. Just installed it and it works wonderful, very rugged stuff, very well made.