Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Newbies Beware Sensitive People  (Read 3011 times)

browncty

• OWF Brand: American Royal
  • OWF Model: 7400B
    • View Profile
Newbies Beware Sensitive People
« on: March 09, 2014, 07:03:51 AM »

I just want to let anyone who is new here like me, if you speak your real thoughts or opinion there are people here who are going to get upset. I have read this board before when I was looking for an OWB and I never notice that people will get upset if you speak you mind about how to setup your stove or if you should consult a dealer, or if you just speak your mind on the subject. I feel I've had too many apologies for just saying what I believe. So I just want to advise some of you. It was a shock to me after my first post. I'm not going away so I may make someone grumpy in the future as I speak my mind about the subject of using my OWB or about my installation experience or about wood and cutting wood. We all have our own way of doing things with our OWB, but one thing stays consistent we all believe that this is the best solution for saving money to heat our homes. 

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: Newbies Beware Sensitive People
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 07:47:03 AM »

OK so Browncty, would you rather that those who make a living helping those who do not understand just sit back and let you bash them without even knowing them and at the same time you can describe your install that may or may not be right, your setup may not work for others, some people want more control others not so much, that is a choice that only the homeowner should make, the differing opinions on here are just that, there sometimes is confrontation, don't be disgruntled but please try to understand that your original post did bother some of us, you apologized and now it's forgotten, let's move on! Telling others coming on the forum that we get upset when you give your thoughts is just not right! Being upset and a spirited debate are 2 different things, Remember it's a forum, your comments are just as important to us as mine, Yoder's, Scott's, RSI's, Rogers or any other regulars, look at how we all rib Victor, that does not mean that he doesn't get a HUG every once in a while, he is absolutely part of the family, outcast maybe but still part of the family, Love ya Victor!!
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

ITO

• OWF Brand: HS1
  • OWF Model: 555
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 08:14:09 AM »

It's really easy to misinterpret typed information, if a person does not carefully write a post of his/her own it's going to be received by someone in an unintended way. If you're saying that someone shouldn't post because they may hurt someone else's feelings that's just stupid, sorry if I hurt your feelings.

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 08:58:45 AM »

Browncity, this forum is actually great compared to a lot of forums out there on a myriad of different subjects. The people are all very decent, none of the regulars and knowledgeable people are condescending. I really like being a part of the good educational conversations that we have on here. There are many ways to skin the cat, some work some don't. Some are better than others some are not. I do find it ironic that you feel that an insult 'installer is just lazy' is a constructive opinion, rather than ignorance.   

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 09:11:53 AM »

Call professionals lazy and imply they don't know what they are doing on your first ever post. Sorry, I guess everyone should have been patting you on the back and thanking god that finally a individual with some intelligence took time to comment.  :bash: :o
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 09:55:11 PM »

This forum is the greatest place I've ever found for people looking for help- slim, willieg, martyinmi, yoder, rsi, all great folks who do whatever they can to help folks..   

For some Internet cowboy to come on here and rattle off as much crap as you have in 1 week sure raises a lot of questions,  you have bragged about more stuff as am alleged owner than we do as dealers...  maybe Andersen slipped you some money and it went to your head, I donno, but your not being constructive in any way shape or form
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

browncty

• OWF Brand: American Royal
  • OWF Model: 7400B
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 06:03:38 AM »

Hey I'm a guy who can admit when the are wrong, so lets get past this poorly done post. If you read my post you would understand that I had a not very good experience with dealing with dealers and that's what I based my information. I didn't get any money from them but it would be nice as lots of people have wanted to see my setup. Hope we can all move on and appreciate not paying an arm, leg and our first born to heat our homes. No is perfect :bash:

johnybcold

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic E1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 07:41:25 PM »

These sensitive are not us swamp yankees
old truck
old craftsman chain saw
Polaris Sportsman 500HO