Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: What do you guys think  (Read 2947 times)

ruger22

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: hoss
  • OWF Model: he 400
    • View Profile
What do you guys think
« on: March 28, 2014, 07:46:19 PM »

Hello I am going to be installing a owb this summer my house is around 1200 sq feet ranch decent insulation and just crawl space the home has a laundry and bath room that is separated by a large concrete breezeway with stairs I can not get between the main part of the house and laundry room is what I was wondering is if it would be possible to run my insulated pipe to the laundry room first as it will be closest to the boiler heat the domestic water out there with a 20 plate exchanger (I have to have a water heater out there separate because of concrete slab) then exit that room back outside  circle around the house and then heat my domestic water and a water to air exchanger in the main part of the house then with the return water as it goes back through the laundry room do a radiant heat under the floor I was planning on using the dual 1 in logstor pipe not sure about pump yet but I did not know if it would be to much of a load to do all that and make my return temps to low any help would be appreciated thanks

jtepn87

• OWF Brand: Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 140
    • View Profile
Re: What do you guys think
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 08:38:12 PM »

I don't have the knowledge of guys like Slimjim and Sprinter, but to answer your question. Yes it would be possible. However... I would think you would be much better running two loops. Either both from the boiler, or a one into two using zone valves or such.

ruger22

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 09:26:05 AM »

Thanks for the advice. The only reason I was wanting to do it all in one loop was just to save some insulated pex and only have to use one circulator. It sounds like I should just run the laundry room as its own loop and the house as its own loop.

skorpyd

• OWF Brand: Home Built
  • OWF Model: Code name "Woody"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 10:32:42 AM »

It sounds like it depends on how much more insulated pipe you would be using by running two loops.  Also you would have to run an entrance and exit for piping at laundry room, meaning more holes in the wall to seal and deal with.

I guess from what you are saying it's not feasible to access the crawl space from the laundry area so you wouldn't have to run the lines to the furnace back outside.

ruger22

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 02:38:47 PM »

Yes that's correct, there is no way to access the crawl space under the house from the crawl space under the laundry room. I did some measuring and it is not going to save me as much pipe as I initially thought. I think I am just going to run two separate loops so I can heat my garage that is attached to the laundry if I feel like it later.  Thanks for the input.

TheBoiler

• OWF Brand: Garn
  • OWF Model: WHS2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 03:11:10 PM »

The Hoss HE 400 has according to the Hoss web site an output of 690,000btu's.

Should be enough to heat your house and 9 others.

What am I missing?

ruger22

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 06:45:46 AM »

Hopefully a large shop will be built this summer if the weather ever straightens out.

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 07:56:50 AM »

I'm not following how this is anything out of ordinary?  Kinda confused as to what your asking
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

ruger22

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 11:21:28 AM »

I was basically wanting to know if 2 20 plate exchangers for domestic water, a 16x20 water to air exchanger, and radiant under 150 square foot room would be to much on one loop. one 20 plate exchanger and the radiant heat would be for my laundry room, the others would be for my house. The laundry room has a crawl space of its own and the house has a crawl space of its own and no way between the two. I didn't know if it would be best to run the laundry room as its own loop and the house as its own loop or go into the laundry room with my pex then return outside and go on around my house into its crawl space.
Sorry for making this so confusing. I am new to all of this and not sure what questions I should be asking. Don't hesitate to correct me if you see something wrong. Thanks for all the help

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 11:27:00 AM »

That's not to much but having a zone pump on the floor heat coming off of a close t or header would make it easier
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697