Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: WM 4400 LIFT OFF  (Read 6029 times)

Sawdust

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
WM 4400 LIFT OFF
« on: October 30, 2010, 06:19:38 AM »

Fired-up a new 4400  for the first time yesterday evening and, all I can say is WOW! In just under 45 min. you couldn't have wiped the smile off my face with a beach towel.  Loaded it up about 9:30 PM EST and checked it this mourning at 8ish, it looked as though I could have waited untill 12:00 today to refill it. Nice and toasty as the house was this morning, well I guess the wife will be selling the calf she had when I spent the money for it. Sometimes life takes a right turn. Gotta go wife just said Shhhew you are gonna  have to turn that down. Just wanna say , it sure is nice to experience the comfort some of you guys and gals have been enjoying.  Sawdust

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: WM 4400 LIFT OFF
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 07:24:47 AM »

Yea, it was a cold morning here.  I burned the most wood I have so far this year last night, it included 2 - 8-10" pieces of round pine and about a 6" piece of oak! lol  I'll take that any morning.  It was 25 here this morning, I know that when 0 weather gets here i'll be using more but i know what you mean by enjoying your stove!
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 10:25:41 AM »

Thats awsome!..Had a low of 30 last night..Snow flurries this morning!..Burning mostly pine with some popular..
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

bruey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 08:04:03 PM »

its a great time of year to burn that junk wood we collected this year. if this is your first year just remember dont overfill your stove. it will do much better with smaller loads.  fired mine up today an yes, it does bring a smile to your face.  wife and i just love it, just wished i had  put one in years ago.
Newrichmond, Ohio

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 09:28:53 PM »

its a great time of year to burn that junk wood we collected this year. if this is your first year just remember dont overfill your stove. it will do much better with smaller loads.  fired mine up today an yes, it does bring a smile to your face.  wife and i just love it, just wished i had  put one in years ago.

hmm.....   as far as not overfilling your stove.   i personallly even in these milder 25-35 degree nights put wood in twice a day, i never fill it compeletely, just 3-4 pieces at night and sometimes none through the day, if the pieces are big, sometimes 12" diameter, one or two may burn 24 hours.   
on the other hand, my neighbor has the same ncb175 that i do, and he fills it once every 48-60 hours, he crams it completely full of white oak and just lets it smolder.  I am sure that will be much different once single digit weather arrives, but so far its working well operating totally diffferent ways
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

bruey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 05:47:10 PM »

i use to do that but the problem i ran into was way to many nuggets, thats what i call black chips about 1" squares. i seemed to spend so much time stiring the coals so as not to waste the unburned wood. when it gets colder out you will see what i mean when you open the door to check it and all those chunks glow. i use to spend the weekend just stiring without putting anything in just to burn it all up. did it about every 2 hours. was just a pain .
Newrichmond, Ohio

Sawdust

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 05:12:55 PM »

I know it has only been a few days but, if the new furnace continues to function like it is now  I will be a very satisfied customer . I was concerned about how often the furnace  would have to be refilled. I know the season is young but, if the consumption dosen't increase a lot  the  burn rate will be fine. 

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 06:30:03 PM »

What I found is on how often you fill the furnce is..The type of wood is being burned and what the temp is outside..Hardwood your gonna get a longer burn than pine in the dead of winter..Warmer days youll get a long burn with pine..
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire