Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Smoking Question  (Read 6952 times)

PhinPhan

• OWF Brand: WoodMaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
    • View Profile
    • Outdoor Wood Furnace Info
Smoking Question
« on: October 24, 2008, 06:00:23 AM »

When the damper opens and the fan kicks on I get smoke coming out the top of the door and the hole where the damper slides in and out.  Those with Woodmasters do you have the same thing happen?
Pomeroy, OH
WoodMaster 4400

herefordgirl

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Smoking Question
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 06:49:56 AM »

We've had that with our old runface. Didn't seem to be a rpoblem as they aren't perfectly airtight.

charlie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 05:44:42 PM »

Check the gasket at the top of the door. I took my woodmaster door right off. Laid it down, cleaned the old gasket out. Installed a new gasket with some high temp silicone to hold it in the grove. Then I filled the whole face of the gasket with hightemp silicone , screeded it all off even with the edge of the door.  Let it dry over night. Put the door back on. Works great.Never gets hard.  You might have to adjust the door. Woodmaster, I heated the latch inside and bent it with a fork tube off a harley. Wood master told me to slam the handle against the frame of the door when it was loose one time. NOOOOOOOOOO WAAAAAAAY! It's probaly going to be tight anyway. It will get a little looser after a week. Emailed Woodmaster to tell them, they should  make an adjustable door like my neighbors Wood Doctor , but guess the didn't want to hear some customer input. Never emailed me back. A Wood Doctor you can adjust in or out, left to right and I believe up and down. Nice set up. Only saying this because a good door seal is vital. How's those apples!
woodmaster 434 since 2002, 612 gal. storage stss; super splitt;stihl ms360.

pdboilermaker

• Training Wheels
  • www.princesspetitepoodles.com
    • View Profile
    • Princess Petite Poodles
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 10:11:35 AM »

I have had this same issue with my 4400 since it was new 4 years ago, hasnt caused a problem
Woodmaster 4440, Sthil ms310, Jeep Wrangler to pull home the wood, Noritz tankless water heater, smart car

alan mather

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 06:17:30 AM »

my dealer told me that it is normal to have smoke coming out of the dampner hole, and after the door seals it should stop smoking unless the door is out of adjustment.