Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: PORTAGE AND MAIN BL34-44  (Read 18032 times)

GUSWHIT

• View Profile
PORTAGE AND MAIN BL34-44
« on: December 18, 2017, 10:41:43 AM »

As the subject reads, BL34-44 for sale.  Unit has only been used 3 weeks.  Received a shut down notice from the guberment.  Make a reasonable offer!  I know you guys know what these things cost. 
815-297-3254
guswhit1999@gmail.com

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile
Re: PORTAGE AND MAIN BL34-44
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 11:28:31 AM »

Damn that sucks!!!

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 02:24:58 PM »

Local, feds? What happened?! That's terrible.
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

GUSWHIT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 02:56:34 PM »

I am past the point of venting with words that you can't use here I think, so I will give a brief synopsis.  Moved to an outlaying area(2miles from town) with lot sizes over 2 acres.  City had annexed property, no rules in city limits.  Started construction in 2015, purchased unit in January of 2016 but never moved it onto property.  City adopted new legislation in March of 2016.  Set stove in August of 2017 and finally finished the install on the weekend after Thanksgiving.  I'm sure that some @#$%^&* person new exactly what I was doing, but no one said anything until I fired it up.  Can't fight them, even though it was purchased before the change in the ordinance, it wasn't on the property.  Will try and sell it and see about finding a unit that I can put in a sealed off room in my oversized garage.  I guess my own fault for not staying up on the local laws but I had a lot on my plate, building the house myself.  At least the guy said he wouldn't write me a fine since I complied right away.

E Yoder

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 04:10:13 PM »

Ouch... You did the right thing tho. Smarter than many would have been.

coolidge

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 07:54:55 PM »

Ask them if they can pay your heating fuel bills.
Western Maine

GUSWHIT

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 06:45:50 AM »

I designed everything in this house around the outdoor burner.  It has infloor heat for the basement and the garage, zones that go under the ceramic tile in the bathrooms/showers, extra modine type in the garage if the doors are open too long. Not sure how much I have invested if you'd add all of those things up.  Exploring my options right now, but not sure what type of units I could put inside a separate room of my garage.  Need to check with the insurance company as well to see what they will allow.

E Yoder

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 06:57:22 AM »

A G series unit is outdoor and indoor rated. I'm not sure which of the other brands represented on here are, I'm sure others can chime in.
I know there are more out there too that have been indoor only for years but a some require storage for proper operation, be sure to check.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 07:01:48 AM by E Yoder »

GUSWHIT

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 11:34:57 AM »

Was going to look at a G200.  Was hoping that I would find someone that has already installed one inside a building to see how they liked it.

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 12:27:27 PM »

Was going to look at a G200.  Was hoping that I would find someone that has already installed one inside a building to see how they liked it.

There are a few plp on the FB group "Outdoor Wood Boilers" that have placed them inside their garage. That is the route that I would go if I were you. I have a G200, it is a workhorse. You will like it. I plan on building a storage shed around mine this spring.

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 12:28:25 PM »

Where are you located???????

GUSWHIT

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2017, 01:38:37 PM »

52732 zip code, Just across the Mississippi river into Iowa

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2017, 06:08:48 AM »

52732 zip code, Just across the Mississippi river into Iowa

Phase 2 qualified gasification units are completely out of the question as well??? Im sure a PM EGR 250 would suite you right and I got to believe that Portage and Main would be willing to do a swap out for the 34-44 given your situation and the fact that it is a brand new stove.

GUSWHIT

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2017, 07:19:35 AM »

It appears to me that they are not distinguishing between the types.  I have copied the words below.

(A)   The outdoor boiler/furnace shall be installed only on a property that is at least two acres in size.

(B)   The outdoor boiler/furnace shall be installed at least 500 linear feet from the nearest property line that is not on the same property as the wood-fired furnace and/or boiler unit.

(C)   The outdoor boiler furnace shall be installed per manufacturer’s instruction, as well as complying with all local and state codes that pertain to installation.

(D)   The outdoor boiler/furnace shall have a chimney that extends to at least 15 feet above the ground surface or five feet higher than the nearest roof.

(E)   The only allowable material allowed to be burned in an outdoor boiler/furnace is cleaned, dry hardwood.

No rules whatsoever for any appliance inside a building according to the official.  Almost makes me want to get a firedragon and burn boxelder.

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2017, 07:34:10 AM »

hmmmm, I would go with a Heatmaster G200 then. They are rated for indoor use. I don't believe the EGR 250 is. It sucks, but what you could do is build small shed around the foundation that you already poured for the boiler??? hence making it an "indoor unit"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5