Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Storing Central Boiler  (Read 1422 times)

sabercat

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 5036
    • View Profile
Storing Central Boiler
« on: October 13, 2020, 09:25:07 AM »

We have Nat gas hooked up, and I will not be using the CB, my question is, should I just drain it, or circulate the water, to prevent freezing? The only concern with draining it, would be rusting up in the inside.  Thanks

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: Storing Central Boiler
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 12:06:24 PM »

Is it going to be permanently disconnected or used again at a later time?

I would just drain it. Circulating water will require a heat source too ($$$ to keep it heated) and if the pump fails the damage will be much greater than corrosion from sitting empty. You won't know the pump failed like you would if it was heating your house.

If the lines are still going to be attached, I would get as much water out of them as you can and then fill lines with RV antifreeze.

sabercat

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 5036
    • View Profile
Re: Storing Central Boiler
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 07:53:30 AM »

Is it going to be permanently disconnected or used again at a later time?

I would just drain it. Circulating water will require a heat source too ($$$ to keep it heated) and if the pump fails the damage will be much greater than corrosion from sitting empty. You won't know the pump failed like you would if it was heating your house.

If the lines are still going to be attached, I would get as much water out of them as you can and then fill lines with RV antifreeze.

Yes it will be permanently disconnected, will be up for sale as soon as I can figure how to get it out of the shed, Brothers backhoe took a dump, that's how we put it place. I've got the lines to the house and pole barn disconnected. Thanks I will drain it out.