Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Question on how to best install exchanger in air mover.  (Read 2066 times)

bajonesy77

• OWF Brand: Prosteel
  • OWF Model: 200
    • View Profile
Question on how to best install exchanger in air mover.
« on: February 13, 2012, 06:09:41 PM »

Ok so now I have my stove and everything but my plate hx for my dhw water  which Im going to order in the next few days. My question is about the size of my duct work and plenum and how I should go about installing my 18x16 water to air hx.  My air mover is the perfect size if I could just install it but the heat pump exchanger is right in the way. The plenum coming out of the top is 16" wide but only 13" long going into the duct work. I know I could build a bigger plenum but is that the best route to go or my only?  Jonesy    and yea that ac coil is huge 24x18
 pictures of my air mover and duct work

« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 06:44:45 PM by bajonesy77 »
Brave 22 ton splitter
Stihl 440 magnum 20" bar
Stihl 390 20" bar
McCullough timber bear 20" bar

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: Question on how to best install exchanger in air mover.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 09:15:31 PM »

Well, first of all I would put it right where it comes out of the unit..    You could sell your coil and get one closer to the size you actually need.  I often cut duct and let my coil set cntred  on both sides I have sticking up.  If your hanging out an inch on both sides, well that's what the furnace duct tape is for. Seal it all up and your good to go. 

I have also put them where the return enters the casing, just slide a coil directly over the round hole, but by doing this you have to run a pre filter in the return somewhere
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697