Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Snow Toys  (Read 3665 times)

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
Snow Toys
« on: December 26, 2012, 11:17:24 AM »

Well, we're gonna hit by a nice snowstorm over night and through tomorrow here in NH.  I'll be going out to my work shop to make sure the tractor with the front end snow blower starts and I'll check the fuel level while I'm there.  One of my younger brothers just purchased one of those Polaris Rangers, 4X4's.  Instead of tires, he had the tracks put on it.  He'll have plenty of snow to play in after tomorrow.  He's going to use it to collect the sap for his sugaring setup. 

We had 10 degrees this morning.  Perhaps it's the coldest morning we've had all year.  The OWB is keeping me nice and warm, though.  Stay warm everyone.  Roger 
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

johnybcold

• OWF Model: Classic E1400
    • View Profile
Re: Snow Toys
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 03:29:02 PM »

I love snow but I just don' t get enough, I have a plow for my truck a snow blower, a 4x4 atv with a plow, and my newest toy a Allmand backhoe
old truck
old craftsman chain saw
Polaris Sportsman 500HO

baldwin racing

• OWF Brand: Thermo-Control (indoor)
  • OWF Model: 500/2000 (in the insulated jacket)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 04:14:13 PM »

Well, we're gonna hit by a nice snowstorm over night and through tomorrow here in NH.  I'll be going out to my work shop to make sure the tractor with the front end snow blower starts and I'll check the fuel level while I'm there.  One of my younger brothers just purchased one of those Polaris Rangers, 4X4's.  Instead of tires, he had the tracks put on it.  He'll have plenty of snow to play in after tomorrow.  He's going to use it to collect the sap for his sugaring setup. 

We had 10 degrees this morning.  Perhaps it's the coldest morning we've had all year.  The OWB is keeping me nice and warm, though.  Stay warm everyone.  Roger

roger,
we are going to get 12-16 inches here in northern ny on canada border..... i have a allis-chalmers 5050 with chains and 4 way angle fisher plow in front that runs off hydrolics :thumbup:
kelly
husqvarna 357 xp
allis-chalmers 5050 2,100 org hrs
farmall m (set up for just tractor pulling)
farmall H

Roger2561

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 04:36:17 PM »

I remember going up that we used to have much more snow on the ground by now.  If the winters could be like they were, I'd still have my snowmobiles.  But, I cannot see spending that kind  money for perhaps a couple of months use.  I can use my motorcycle even if it's 20 degrees outside as long as there is no ice and/or salt on the roads. 
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
New Hampshire

baldwin racing

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 08:15:07 PM »

I remember going up that we used to have much more snow on the ground by now.  If the winters could be like they were, I'd still have my snowmobiles.  But, I cannot see spending that kind  money for perhaps a couple of months use.  I can use my motorcycle even if it's 20 degrees outside as long as there is no ice and/or salt on the roads.
yea i dont ride a new one......I ride a 94 indy storm still in good shape....800 tripple, I did some up grades extra 10 rear suspension kit, slp plastic ski's....it's also piped studded clutched and still runs with the new ones.....lol
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 08:17:13 PM by baldwin racing »
husqvarna 357 xp
farmall H

Jack72

• OWF Model: E-1450 (11)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 08:56:10 PM »

yea i dont ride a new one......I ride a 94 indy storm still in good shape....800 tripple, I did some up grades extra 10 rear suspension kit, slp plastic ski's....it's also piped studded clutched and still runs with the new ones.....lol

I used to have all those toys.      I got married had two girls,that are going to make me drink more as they get  older.       Now my only toys are my red headed wife and my e 1450   ;D lol
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 08:57:42 PM by Jack72 »
Chevy 2500 HD 13 Duramax
Stihl 046 036 009
Northern Tool 25 ton Splitter

Roger2561

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 03:31:57 AM »

I used to have all those toys.      I got married had two girls,that are going to make me drink more as they get  older.       Now my only toys are my red headed wife and my e 1450   ;D lol

Jack - Which is more fun?  The red-headed wife or e 1450?

How's your e-1450 operating for you these days?  My e-1400 has been running without any hiccups.  It's in the lower 20's, snowing like the bandit with a fierce wind out of the north east and it's cozy in my house.  The funny thing is, I have learned that all it takes is 5 or 6 logs about 8 inches round by 24 inches long every 12 hours to keep my entire house at 70 degrees and keep the DHW nice and hot.  By not over filling it, the coal bed stays strong but not to deep.  Also, with the colder temps, the creosote level has dropped dramatically. 

Stay warm!  Roger 
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
New Hampshire

yotehunter66

• OWF Brand: Woodmaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 08:50:21 AM »

I have a Kawasaki Prairie 400 with a blade and a Simplicity garden tractor with 5ft rear blade and front bucket. Works for me.
Husky 372xp 24"
Makita DCS520i 20"
Poulan 2300 18"
Macullough Eager Beaver 2.3 18"
Troybilt 27 ton log splitter

fireboss

• OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 05:10:00 PM »

I to have a red head wife she  is like a box of chocolates you never no what your gonna get ! I just got this summer a blizzard speed wing snow plow used it lastnight, it was the best plow I ever used!
Sussex county new jersey                                                                   cb 6048 instald may 2010, heating 3000 sq and 15,000 gal pool,sure track dump trailer,35ton splitter,029,ms200,homlite xl

baldwin racing

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 06:42:31 PM »

roger,
here is my 5050 allis warming up this morning it only has 2,031 org. hours on it.....chains and plow on....i need to put grill back in in pic.....lol
kelly

[attachment deleted by admin]
husqvarna 357 xp
farmall H

Jack72

• OWF Model: E-1450 (11)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 11:14:36 AM »

Jack - Which is more fun?  The red-headed wife or e 1450?

How's your e-1450 operating for you these days?  My e-1400 has been running without any hiccups.  It's in the lower 20's, snowing like the bandit with a fierce wind out of the north east and it's cozy in my house.  The funny thing is, I have learned that all it takes is 5 or 6 logs about 8 inches round by 24 inches long every 12 hours to keep my entire house at 70 degrees and keep the DHW nice and hot.  By not over filling it, the coal bed stays strong but not to deep.  Also, with the colder temps, the creosote level has dropped dramatically. 

Stay warm!  Roger

Roger

To answer your first question she is more fun when she is not working less crabby and  summers off and holidays/1st gradeTeacher  ;D                      2nd question     The 1450 is running good thanks  It seems to me when I run t alot of full rounds in there it eats up my coal bed so I usually don't throw to many full rounds in unless I mix with split stuff unless I misunderstood you.          It hasn't been real cold yet  they are saying 5 degree lows for next week though.. We will see          How much snow did you get?             

Jack
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 06:19:07 PM by Jack72 »
Chevy 2500 HD 13 Duramax
Stihl 046 036 009
Northern Tool 25 ton Splitter