Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Any heatmaster owners  (Read 24649 times)

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: Any heatmaster owners
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2010, 02:09:13 PM »

Who installed your heatmasters, I can't think of one thing that could cause something like that.  Burning to much or to fast yea, but it beats me.  It's kind of surprising you went back with a company with one of the worst warranties in the industry, but I suppose you figured the warranty you supposively had before was worthless. 

Were your grates getting plugged with ash?  Cause I'd there is fire and o2 available.  It's gonna burn
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2010, 02:46:54 PM »

Why would have you needed another furnace? Was there something wrong with the one you had? I guess I'm must be missing something but I have yet to hear what was broken on the furnace you had.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

woodman80

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2010, 03:41:06 PM »

scissorbill I am also curious what was wrong with your stove i've been dealing w/ heatmaster for a few years now and have had no problems even close to this did you fill out the warrenty and give a water sample the factory has always been more than willing to give me the benefit of the doubt sorry for your problems

scissorbill

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2010, 07:13:01 PM »

If I knew what was wrong I would have fixed it. One morning it was out and i restarted it at about 6 am and it was blazing with flames shooting out the chimney and at 7:30 as I was leaving for work it was out!! The stove itself caught on fire on March 29th,2010
I don't know about the Woodmaster warranty but I never heard one person say anything but good about them and many are going 15-20 years. What I do know is tha HEATMASTERS WARRANTY WAS TOTALLY WORTHLESS!!! I do know the design sucks as I can see how the embers could fall into the ash pan and I think this may have been some of the problem I had. Bottom line is it was a total waste of money and a horsecrap dealer and a lousy company to deal with.

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2010, 08:08:37 PM »

Sounds like the dealer didn't teach you how to properly run the furnace. Because Heat Master uses shaker grates the ash will often fall through easily. I know there are several ways of making sure you keep enough coals and ash on top of the grates. If you had coals falling into the ash pan that was most likely part of the problem. The benefit of buying a Heat Master is that you can burn coal or wood, however the coal shaker grates do take some getting used to.  I had a customer last year who had a similar problem. I went over to the guys place every month to reshow him how to run the furnace. This summer I assisted him in finding a buyer for the furnace. I talked to the new owner this fall and the furnace has been running for months with no problems. Unfortunately not all dealers are willing to go above and beyond to make sure everything works well after the sale. I often tell potential costumers that the dealer is more important then the brand, a bad dealer will make any stove look terrible.   

Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

RSR_MK

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 09:29:11 AM »

Just had to wade in here, I have had my heatmaster 6 years now and it has never been out. I use it to heat water all year if I do not use it to heat the house. As for standing behind them, my dealer came by this year to look over my stove, his choice, I did not ask for the visit. He found a small pin hole leak at the bottom back of the stove and asked if I would like a new stove or should he replace it with a new one. NO cost to fix and 1500 for a new one. This leak had been there after the first year and had not gotten any worse. Very small, never needed to add water. It was just always damp, never saw a drip.

I went with the new stove, I like the new doors and the fan is better, back up to a 20 year warranty as well.

AS for the fire never going out, I was there when he changed out the stove and I took a shovel of coals out and put on the ground. After we filled the new one with water I shoveled back in the coals and put some smaller wood on top and turned it on. It took right off, no issues.

Sorry to here of your problems but I love mine and they do stand behind it, I burn oak and Hickory mostly. I can burn it green in the summer and still have no issues with it going out.

scissorbill

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2010, 05:28:54 AM »

That is great that they stood behind yours. they did NOT in my case and I have nothing good to say about them or the stoves. I am burning the exact same wood now in my Woodmaster with zero issues. I was forced to take the dealer (Denny's Plunbing) to small claims court and won a judgement for $6500...of course he didn't pay and filed bankruptcy instead...now he is back in business doing his sloppy work after he stiffed everybody including me.
great system we have in America.Glad you like your stove,just telling of the experience I had.

jstange

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF5000SS
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 06:57:16 AM »

For what it's worth, I love mine.  My fire has gone out a few times, usually because I push it too long or I am burning extremely dry wood so it just goes "poof" in the chamber, but for the most part it's all been entirely user error.  Trying to burn coal in mine has become more of a challenge.  I prefer cob corn, but I have such a hard time finding it that I am moving to the coal route. 

3 years now on mine and no major issues, like I said, strictly user error.

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2011, 09:50:16 AM »

jstange,
 Glad you have had good results from your furnace. I have found that mixing a small amount of wood with the coal helps keep the coal from going out as often. I actually was mixing a few shovel full of wood chips in mine. Hope this helps.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master
Pages: 1 [2]