Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 10351 times)

Shrek1112

• OWF Brand: Hawken Energy
  • OWF Model: HE-2100
    • View Profile
Re: Insurance
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2015, 12:02:10 PM »

I will inquire further and get back to you. I often joke with her about the "racket" as well and when something might break or fail I always say " that's what insurance is for" it makes her blood boil!  >:D
Mid- Michigan (Spartan Country)
Stihl MS-250
Stihl MS-391
Huskee 35 Ton
Chevy 1500 Crew
13 & 15 year old work force

Shrek1112

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2015, 07:06:21 AM »

WoodMOJoe,  after some discussion and a bit of interweb looking the reasons you are seeing a regular increase is from howeowners insurance being priced to low for nearly 10 years across all companies.  It seems like they are making up for lost revenue and high claims costs.  Yes even though guys like you and I didnt have claims we still get to foot part of the bill, just like taxes, paying for things for others. :bash:  I also found this article that may help explain some of it

http://www.iii.org/article/why-are-homeowners-insurance-rates-rising
Stihl MS-250
Stihl MS-391
Huskee 35 Ton
Chevy 1500 Crew

WoodMOJoe

• OWF Brand: Homemade Tank-in-Tank Furnace
  • OWF Model: Ol' Fireball #0002
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2015, 10:52:12 AM »

Hey thanks for the article, good read.  Sounds like insurance co. propaganda to me..but I am biased.   ;)

And don't even get me started on taxes and how they are distributed...   :bash:
Southwest Missouri Ozarks...USA

Shrek1112

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2015, 03:49:59 PM »

:thumbup:
Stihl MS-250
Stihl MS-391
Huskee 35 Ton
Chevy 1500 Crew

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2015, 03:54:37 PM »

Taxes are distributed in a way that buys the most votes for whatever party is in control at that particular time.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

mtoll

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2015, 06:25:21 PM »

Isnt that true  I think that a very large percentage of politicians are in it for what ever works for them never mind what the people that voted them in want.
I just received my insurance renewal yesterday and a big increase, no reason in the world for the increase, going to talk to the agent tomorrow.   
Wife Rodeos, have 5 Barrel racing horses
Ride HD Road Glide
Vet  USN / USMC

Shrek1112

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2015, 09:23:40 PM »

Isnt that true  I think that a very large percentage of politicians are in it for what ever works for them never mind what the people that voted them in want.
I just received my insurance renewal yesterday and a big increase, no reason in the world for the increase, going to talk to the agent tomorrow.

Did you see this link, stll doesnt make sense but it is what the insdustry is saying the reason is
http://www.iii.org/article/why-are-homeowners-insurance-rates-rising
Stihl MS-250
Stihl MS-391
Huskee 35 Ton
Chevy 1500 Crew

WoodMOJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2015, 08:04:43 AM »

Taxes are distributed in a way that buys the most votes for whatever party is in control at that particular time.

Hear, hear!   :thumbup:

oldchenowth

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: WoodDoctor
  • OWF Model: HE 5000
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2015, 06:39:10 AM »

I went thru some of this myself recently.  Shopped around to save a couple $$$$ on insurance and found one company cheaper ($300/yr)  for 3 cars and two houses.   Needed to inspect the property before they would run the policy and made me get an inspection on the OWB to make sure it met their requirements.  But, they could not specify what those requirements were.  Just needed an inspection from a licensed installer.  Michigan does not have licensed installers for OWB. HVAC, plumbing, boiler, yes.  But not OWB.  So after $150 inspection, that simply stated it was installed correctly and working correctly, I saved a whopping $10/month.  BF Deal!!!

Around here, it aint so easy to just switch companies as they are all crooked as twisted willow trees.  I am not calling out your woman Shrek, I wish I had inside help on this stuff.  I hear that because Detroit is so crime ridden that my rates reflect that.  I am over 100 miles from that cesspool.  And they won't let us give to Canada for trade for that new bridge they want to build.

All justified and served with a smile like they just did you a huge favor by relieving you of a little more of your paycheck.  And they are legally required to take it from you.

WoodMOJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2015, 06:56:08 AM »

oldc...let me get this straight...so it cost you $150 to "save" $10 a month?!?!

That sucks.  If the jackasses in our government(s) can't figure how to kill the wood burners with environmental legislation they will be able to do it through the insurance aspect...and it won't be long the way things look.   :bash:

Shrek1112

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2015, 07:47:29 PM »

I went thru some of this myself recently.  Shopped around to save a couple $$$$ on insurance and found one company cheaper ($300/yr)  for 3 cars and two houses.   Needed to inspect the property before they would run the policy and made me get an inspection on the OWB to make sure it met their requirements.  But, they could not specify what those requirements were.  Just needed an inspection from a licensed installer.  Michigan does not have licensed installers for OWB. HVAC, plumbing, boiler, yes.  But not OWB.  So after $150 inspection, that simply stated it was installed correctly and working correctly, I saved a whopping $10/month.  BF Deal!!!

Around here, it aint so easy to just switch companies as they are all crooked as twisted willow trees.  I am not calling out your woman Shrek, I wish I had inside help on this stuff.  I hear that because Detroit is so crime ridden that my rates reflect that.  I am over 100 miles from that cesspool.  And they won't let us give to Canada for trade for that new bridge they want to build.

All justified and served with a smile like they just did you a huge favor by relieving you of a little more of your paycheck.  And they are legally required to take it from you.

Oldchenwth, no offense,  I dont always agree with her industry either,  we get in some rather lenthy debates and I just have learned to say "you might be right dear" and let it go.  The other thing that I often forget is that the way insurance companies have money available to pay claims AND more importantly make there profit is they take our premium payments and invest in the market.  So its a huge twisted mess of our hard earned money often making them more easy money. 
Stihl MS-250
Stihl MS-391
Huskee 35 Ton
Chevy 1500 Crew

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2015, 12:07:18 AM »

Oldchenwth, no offense,  I dont always agree with her industry either,  we get in some rather lenthy debates and I just have learned to say "you might be right dear" and let it go.  The other thing that I often forget is that the way insurance companies have money available to pay claims AND more importantly make there profit is they take our premium payments and invest in the market.  So its a huge twisted mess of our hard earned money often making them more easy money.

A few things I learned right quick from getting rear ended last fall.

1: If you let the other guys insurance company screw you they most certainly will without a smile even. And that's just them trying to settle on my truck, the health/pain and suffering hasn't even been discussed yet.

2: Lawyer up before number one happens, that way your own lawyer can try to screw you instead of a strangers insurance company.

Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

Shrek1112

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2015, 06:57:21 PM »

:post:
Stihl MS-250
Stihl MS-391
Huskee 35 Ton
Chevy 1500 Crew

agriffinjd

• OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: BL 3444
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2015, 06:34:24 AM »

We have been very happy with USAA for all of our insurance and banking.  If you are eligible for them try them.  I think you get eligibility even if a parent was military not just you or your spouse.
----------------
U.P. of Michigan

kommandokenny

• OWF Brand: woodmaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
  • smokem if ya gottem NEAR NORTH ONTARIO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2015, 11:52:03 AM »

We have no fault insurance here in Ontario.
They thought it would be cheaper by taking the litigation out of the process.

Well,, no ,,,it's much the same,but you sue yourself. 
In order to do that, you have to get the ambulance chasers involved .
These guys have poped up everywhere,,, and now it's costing everyone more .

So it's a vicious circle.
Banks and insurance what a racket.

Take money in at 1.7% lend it out at 5%.

Take your premiums and make you hire a lawyer to get your rehab started .

Both needed in our society, but should be improved.

PARRY SOUND ONTARIO
2012 RAPTOR
NORTON COMMANDO
H.D. ROAD KING
Sthil 026,038
Echo CS 310 [grandaughters]
SWISHER 22 TON
CANAM 850 tracked
GREAT DANE X 3
Pages: 1 [2] 3