Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Never fails  (Read 2223 times)

hoardac

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster G-200
  • OWF Model: Formerly Wooddoctor
    • View Profile
Never fails
« on: September 12, 2013, 03:15:37 PM »

Have trench dug for new run of pexflex its 65 feet long, the last 20 feet where it comes into the house is 6 to 7 feet deep and about 3 feet wide, have 5 inch opening into cellar, I spray foam it in case it rains, which it does in biblical proportions. I live at the bottom of a big hill it is amazing how fast water flows downhill when you do not want it to. The trench is horizontal to hill, so I get all the water. I am leaving for the night shift it is dark and the power goes out just as trench fills up literally full. Mad dash to hook up generator and get sump pumps hooked up to new power source. No time to hook it properly like I had thought of and carefully planned for LOL. At least the spray foam slowed down the water to a small brook inside the cellar. Disaster was averted and all was ok but next time I will keep my gas tanks full because those were empty to.

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
Re: Never fails
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 07:43:20 PM »

got caught as well..sump pump has a battery back up pump,was without power for the whole night and was worried about battery..so i got my old 2500 watt generator full of stale gas would not start...no gas stations around me had power so no fresh gas...pulled starter rope out of motor...dam... too extension cord apart  and wired one end to truck battery and other end to back up sump pump battery....success! now went to work on generator got rope back in (a little shorter) gave it a little shot of either and chug chug and caught..stale gas was running..whew

power out at 5 pm...battery from truck hooked up at 10 and generator back running 110 volt sump pump at 11:30 power came back on at 4 am

in a storm my sump has to run a lot as i have a stair to my basement from outside and it has a drain at the foot of it that draines into my sump pit
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

Speed

• OWF Brand: Ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 6000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 05:44:15 AM »

WillieG, I heard on the radio yesterday you guys got hammered pretty good. I think they said Petrolia area caught the brunt of it?. It went through here quick, I'm west of the bridge 20 minutes.

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 08:32:41 AM »

hey sped, im east of the bridge about 20 min (exit 44) im just about 2 miles north of that exit and only about 2 miles north of me they got quite a bit of hail out of that storm. there are a lot of apple orchhard in that area as well. not sure how they made out yet
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

Speed

• OWF Brand: Ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 6000
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 03:25:55 PM »

That's not good if the orchards got hit.