Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Wiring OWB so that Aprilaire Humidifier Works  (Read 2020 times)

lcrum

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
Wiring OWB so that Aprilaire Humidifier Works
« on: January 18, 2013, 01:08:23 PM »

Hi all - just joined the forum. Looks like lots of great knowledge and info on here. My question (and apologies if it's been asked and answered somewhere on here already),  is that I'm wondering if anyone knows how I can fix my wiring so that my existing Aprilaire humidifier will work when I'm heating with my OWB. I didn't install the OWB and I'm not getting any help from the company who did. I had the issue that some of you had where my AC unit would start running when the furnace fan kicked on in the winter using my OWB. I fixed that with a cut-off switch down at my furnace(probably not the best or right way but it worked for me and I just have to flip that switch once a year. The problem with my humidifier must be a lack of the right wiring between the normal thermostats and the ones they put in for my OWB because the humidifier works fine if I run the furnace off my propane system. I'm obviously not getting the 24 VAC required to trigger the humidifier solenoid. Has anyone had this issue? Can I just run wires from the old thermostats to the new to get the voltage? ANy help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

WMSmoke

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Wiring OWB so that Aprilaire Humidifier Works
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 05:54:04 PM »

If you just need to pick up the solenoid hook your solenoid to the fan relay on your furnace control board.

csmart94

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Hawken
  • OWF Model: HE-2100
    • View Profile
Re: Wiring OWB so that Aprilaire Humidifier Works
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 02:26:53 PM »

I did that myself, the transformer for the humidifier was hooked to the hum terminal  on cicuit board. Took the black wire off and made a splitter pigtail that comes off the fan terminal.