Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Empyre customer service warranty work and......  (Read 6423 times)

ecc_33

• View Profile
Empyre customer service warranty work and......
« on: July 30, 2014, 06:56:31 PM »

Sooooo. If you look in the pro fab section I have a empyre pro series 200 and after 4 months the fire box developed a couple holes. Well I have since been sent the "fix" for the fire box. Im not thrilled at ALL about the freakin fix. I have to take the boiler apart. Take the side covers off, Insulation, then cut most of the blower box off and screw this stainless "fix" to some steel thats still attatched to the boiler. So what happens to the steel that I leave attached when it rott's out like the original box that lasted a sweet 4 months? So this boiler has a great warranty right? :bash: If i paid ten grand for a new car and the exhaust rotted off in 4 months would the factory warranty fix it and install a new exhaust for free? Every car i've ever bought would have!!!! Im waiting on the call back to some of my questions but Im guessing the warranty is a fookin joke on my boiler. Im sorry. I want to cuss so bad about them right now. Pro fab has been horrible. Takes freakin 3-4 months to get my warranty claim through? Are you kiddin me. Im sure as freakin glad its not in the winter!!!! All yea the new pro 200's are all stainless. Sorry you missed out on them in a few months on buying yours. WOW. 50$ is alot in my world. 10,000$ is a sheet ton. I Truley dont feel that this thing is going to last long like alot of other boilers. Yes, It doesn't use alot of wood. Who gives to sheets if it don't last more than 4 months every time you have to fix metal on it!!!! So they expect me to put this fix on my boiler? Im wondering since im doing my own warranty work on this freakin thing if they are going to pay me for my time that I will have in fixing it myself?????
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 06:58:46 PM by ecc_33 »

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
Re: Empyre customer service warranty work and......
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 07:03:18 PM »

Sooooo. If you look in the pro fab section I have a empyre pro series 200 and after 4 months the fire box developed a couple holes. Well I have since been sent the "fix" for the fire box. Im not thrilled at ALL about the freakin fix. I have to take the boiler apart. Take the side covers off, Insulation, then cut most of the blower box off and screw this stainless "fix" to some steel thats still attatched to the boiler. So what happens to the steel that I leave attached when it rott's out like the original box that lasted a sweet 4 months? So this boiler has a great warranty right? :bash: If i paid ten grand for a new car and the exhaust rotted off in 4 months would the factory warranty fix it and install a new exhaust for free? Every car i've ever bought would have!!!! Im waiting on the call back to some of my questions but Im guessing the warranty is a fookin joke on my boiler. Im sorry. I want to cuss so bad about them right now. Pro fab has been horrible. Takes freakin 3-4 months to get my warranty claim through? Are you kiddin me. Im sure as freakin glad its not in the winter!!!! All yea the new pro 200's are all stainless. Sorry you missed out on them in a few months on buying yours. WOW. 50$ is alot in my world. 10,000$ is a sheet ton. I Truley dont feel that this thing is going to last long like alot of other boilers. Yes, It doesn't use alot of wood. Who gives to sheets if it don't last more than 4 months every time you have to fix metal on it!!!! So they expect me to put this fix on my boiler? Im wondering since im doing my own warranty work on this freakin thing if they are going to pay me for my time that I will have in fixing it myself?????
Have you talked to Scott7m on this?
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 05:27:30 AM »

Truly sorry to hear of your troubles ecc, perhaps there is something that we can do as a group on here to help the situation, for example I know that all the manufacturers watch this as well as many other forums, that is what got me on here to start with, if a manufacturer sees they have an issue and it gets talked about in the public with a cool head, they will be far more interested in getting it resolved, nobody wants a bad name. My suggestion to you would be to send them a copy of your posts BUT clean it up a bit, bashing takes away your credibility and they will just figure they will never satisfy you anyway so why bother. How about if we work to help you get it back together and perhaps come up with a fix for their issue, could you post some pictures of the rusted out section as well as a good description of what happened, I would assume it is the mount for the blower and air tube am I right?
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

CountryBoyJohn

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF 10,000 E
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 11:01:16 AM »

Mr. ecc, is the problem you had the same that Mr. Spyder had in this thread?  http://outdoorwoodfurnaceinfo.com/forum/index.php?topic=5076.0

Good post Mr. Slimjim!
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
Stihl MS290
DHT 27 Ton Log Splitter
Woodchuck Log Jack
56, 57, 58 Ferguson TO-35
Knox County, IN

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 11:08:08 AM »

WE can fix the problem if WE work together, Thanks CountryBoyJohn

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 03:53:39 PM »

Yes, Scott has been awesome! Pro fab did call me back. Actually two guys. Jim and another tech support gent. I guess my original post was more of a vent/rant then anything constructive. When I hear back from Pro fab and Scott in the next few days I will update on what is going to happen. I would like to sell the boiler  back to Pro fab and buy the all stainless version. We will see if they are willing to make a deal with that idea or not.

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 03:55:55 PM »

Mr. ecc, is the problem you had the same that Mr. Spyder had in this thread?  http://outdoorwoodfurnaceinfo.com/forum/index.php?topic=5076.0

Good post Mr. Slimjim!
Yes, Same exact problem but just around the right side of that draft air box.

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 03:58:13 PM »

Truly sorry to hear of your troubles ecc, perhaps there is something that we can do as a group on here to help the situation, for example I know that all the manufacturers watch this as well as many other forums, that is what got me on here to start with, if a manufacturer sees they have an issue and it gets talked about in the public with a cool head, they will be far more interested in getting it resolved, nobody wants a bad name. My suggestion to you would be to send them a copy of your posts BUT clean it up a bit, bashing takes away your credibility and they will just figure they will never satisfy you anyway so why bother. How about if we work to help you get it back together and perhaps come up with a fix for their issue, could you post some pictures of the rusted out section as well as a good description of what happened, I would assume it is the mount for the blower and air tube am I right?
I was cool and level headed way back when it happened and pro active or was looking at the good side of things. I wish there was a dealer close by so I could look at the new stainless version. its to bad I didn't know about that one being made or I would have held out for the newer model.

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 06:29:19 PM »

Soooo perhaps you are kicking yourself for not doing enough research, let's leave it there and concentrate on solving the issue, are they still talking to you? Say hi to Scott if you can reach him, tell him I said I hope everything is ok.

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2016, 05:57:29 AM »

It happened again. Went to clean the black goo out of the blower box and to no surprise low and behold right above the sweet stainless fix that I installed two years ago I can put 4 fingers through the metal that's left on the blower box. Will be calling profab Monday morning. This should not happen on a 3 year old boiler.

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2016, 01:14:08 PM »

Man that stinks...let is know what u find out

MaverickM23

• OWF Brand: Empyre
  • OWF Model: Pro 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 11:05:56 AM »

Im on the third year with my Pro 200 as well. The first two years I had problems with the air box getting all gooey and I would have to clean it out every two weeks. Tried ProFormer and talked with people at Pro Fab and told me I was loading it too heavy and had to be more careful. Tried there ideas but eventually my flapper even rotted through, it was paper thin and my air box was getting thin too, I poked one small hole in it on the upper right side. I sealed the hole, got a new flapper from Scott7M and made it so that when my blower stops the flap hits a piece of 12 gauge copper wire and stays open the width of the wire and guess what I have absolutely no goo anymore. It draws just enough to keep the box clean. No more goo dripping out the drain hole at all and I dont have to reach in and pull it all out. I have my stove on at 170 and off at 178 and it will creep to 182 but that is it. It has been the best thing I have done and hopefully I have saved mine from more rotting.

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2016, 06:31:59 PM »

Thanks Maverick I'll have to try that. Pro fab wasn't any help today there internet was down.

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2016, 01:30:03 PM »

Called again today and left a message with warranty claims. They haven't called me back yet. I feel as if I'm already getting the run around. yesterday as soon as I told the women my problems she was quick to say the internet was down. Now she won't call me back. I hope I'm just speculating.

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2016, 06:36:31 PM »

Well after a month of playing phone tag with a customer service department that won't call you back I talked to Ben today and he pretty much told me I'm up crap creek. Said to fix it my self by cutting the box off and welding a new one on then send them a bill and they will see if they will reimburse me. WTF? Said it was all my fault because I didn't setup my boiler cut out temp to 180 and I should have known. I was told NOT to change the temp settings on the aquastat. What the heck should I do? The boiler isn't even 3 years old. I'm at the point to were I think I should look into talking to a lawyer. Am I jumping the gun? Im fckin sick of dealing with pro fab and getting the run around.
Pages: [1] 2