Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Question about coal  (Read 1599 times)

Brad

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H5
    • View Profile
Question about coal
« on: October 30, 2014, 01:52:38 PM »

I was just at the local feed store getting feed and noticed they have a pile of coal.  I asked the guy how much and he said $59.00 per bob cat scoop.  I know some of you guys burn a little coal and just curious if that is a decent deal.  I'm in North Central MN.  He said the coal came in from North Dakota and they have been selling a fair amount of it...  The chunks all looked to be 6 to 12 inch.
Aitkin, Minnesota

atvalaska

• OWF Brand: aqua-therm
  • OWF Model: coal one 275
  • 907, no vacancy !
    • View Profile
Re: Question about coal
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 06:05:57 PM »

I have about 10 pc that size ...i'm going to test it out when its gets colder out ........ only 7 above at nite now ...

sdrockhauler

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: pand m
  • OWF Model: ml30
    • View Profile
Re: Question about coal
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 06:08:06 PM »

The coal came from center coal in center nd. I bought atruck load there last week and I loaded with another trucker that was going your way. It takes 3 skidloader buckets tomake a ton thats with a  250 john deere  with a 60 or 72 in bucket cant remember what I got. I bought it there for 37.50 per ton but now youve got to figure some truckin on it. He had 25 ton on hiswagon. I know because  I asked him.  I wouldnt think  they would have 100 a ton  in it. So the are makin  a little cash. You could get a load yourself if you could  line up the truckin. They sell to anyone, they have a website. Do you have shaker grates and air coming from underneath if  you do it burns well I burn alot of it. I was putting 6    5gal pails and tha would getme 12 hours last winter. It is not real high quality coal as far as btu, s but its alot easier than cuttn wood.