Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Chainsaw oils both bar and 2cycle  (Read 9322 times)

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
Re: Chainsaw oils both bar and 2cycle
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2017, 06:11:32 PM »

Sorry , my bad. I didn't think.
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2017, 06:07:27 AM »

I’ve had to repair my 460 for lack of oiling, not much to the Stihl oilers, not saying they are junk or anything, but after actually having them apart I run the Blue winter grade from Stihl when its cold and the regular Orange jug once it warms up.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

Pointblank

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2017, 06:25:01 AM »

I’ve had to repair my 460 for lack of oiling, not much to the Stihl oilers, not saying they are junk or anything, but after actually having them apart I run the Blue winter grade from Stihl when its cold and the regular Orange jug once it warms up.

That's what I use also. Summer bar oils get really thick here in sub zero temps. I use Stihl winter blue in the winter and orange in the summer.  I use Stihl premium 2 cycle oil in the gas. 200+ cord ran through my 440 now and runs as good as new and the bar is in excellent shape. It costs a bit more, but for what little of the stuff you use in a season the cost is minimum.
Central Boiler Classic Edge 550
Previous- Central Boiler 5648- 13 years

Minnesota

Bluegrass Wood Burner

• OWF Brand: Ozzark Biomass
  • OWF Model: Gasconade 500 gallon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2017, 08:13:23 AM »

:post: :post: :post: :post: :thumbup:
South central Kentucky
Ford F-150
16 ft tandem trailer
3000# winch
Husqvarna 142
Husqvarna 460 rancher
6ft spud bar
Poulan 3314
22 ton lowes splitter
Timberline sharpener
"Worn out body"

Roscoe

• OWF Brand: Hawken
  • OWF Model: HE2100
  • Southeast Michigan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2017, 08:10:52 AM »

Always use Stihl 2 stroke oil. In talking to the local Stihl dealer, I was informed that 95% of the burned engines that come through his shop were using something other than Stihl oil. As far as bar oil, I use whatever is cheap. Never had any issues except for the Fleet Farm brand whatever it's called, that crap was like water

A dealer should know that engines don't burn down because of the brand of oil used. They burn down due to operator error.... wrong ratio, running a Castor oil blend in cold weather, bad gas etc.......
JD 7775
Kioti DK35
Bobcat S250
All Wood Oak Series
Stihl 036pro, 362c, 064
Husk 385,570
Shindiawa 416
Griffin 14' Dump
Owned: WD14000 / Ridgewood 7500

coonsrich@yahoo.com

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: WoodDoctor
  • OWF Model: BP 8000
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2017, 04:11:02 PM »

Please never use used engine oil for chain oil >:( It has so many impurities it will eat through the aluminum case in about 4-5 years. My Dad did this a few year ago. I always use Stihl 2 cycle and TSC bar oil, no problems in 30 years.

Jon_E

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G200 Gasifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2017, 10:50:02 AM »

I use nothing but Tractor Supply bar oil ($6 a gallon on sale) and have done so for years.  Got tired of paying two to three times the price for Stihl oil with no noticeable difference.

I don't use 2-cycle oil.  I buy either TruFuel or VP Racing SEF 94 premix.  I get the VP Racing stuff from my dealer for $85 for a 5-gallon pail and it lasts me a full year in all of my 2-stroke equipment, summer and winter.  In the five years I've been using it, I have had zero problems and no repairs needed to gas lines, filters, carbs or anything else.  Cheap insurance, considering that a new carb and labor is $100+.
Firewood collector and hot water enthusiast.

BIG AL

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2017, 07:52:17 PM »

I bought a case of the Cenex bar oil on ebay it is really good. As far as 2 stroke I only use the full synthetic I won't run cheap stuff in my saws.
SE Mass
Husqvarna 55 , 455 , 372xp , Stihl MS 250
Farmall 460 Diesel , Case VAH with hi-clearance wood trailer, Ford 655 4x4 , Ford 445 loader, Farmall A with custom built logsplitter with own power unit and hoist.

silver star

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2017, 03:32:17 PM »

I was running Poulon Pro, after buying it from a coworker who operates a family small engine operation on the side.  Ran out and while wife was at the Stihl dealer getting me a replacement fuel cap (Spent more time looking for that dang cap in the leaves that the chore i did)  she got an orange bottle of bar oil.

I saw a drastic difference in the heat on my bar with the Stihl. Going back to the Poulon and will keep the orange as a back up.
Husbands must learn to forget their mistakes. No reason two people should remember them forever.

KevinKD

• OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2018, 10:20:02 PM »

I run Quicksilver full synthetic 2 stoke oil, I buy multiple gallons a year for my Mercury boat motor. Since I always have it on hand it's what I use. As a bonus it's a pretty decent price at your local Walmart. For bar oil I had been running echo brand and liked it a lot. However I was in a pinch and just finished my last gallon of echo so I stopped at the gas station and bought what they had something called service pro winter grade. It seems fine but I really liked the echo stuff and the kicker is it's cheaper then the gas station stuff. If I member correctly it was $8 a gallon for echo bar and chain oil all season from the Home Depot.

bill birks

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: cl 6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2018, 07:06:25 AM »

My big saw is a Husqvarna and I have a lot of trouble with the oiler stopping up on it. You think I could poor some of the eve tone and ATF mixture in there and swish it around a little and pour it out that it would be a good way of cleaning the oil tank. Or if you have other suggestions I would sure entertain them.

bill birks

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: cl 6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2018, 07:15:13 AM »

SMALL ENGINE MECHANIC FOR 30YEARS -CLEANING OIL TANK- I USING DUMP OLD OUT AND FLUSH WITHCARB CLEANER THEN BLOW OUT WITH AIR- WHEN CHAIN GETS DULL YOU GET FINE DUST AROUND CAP - JUST TRY TO CLEANED BEFORE REMOVING CAP-ANY NAME BRAND OIL IS FINE-CHEAP STUFF WILL JUST FLY OFF- IF CAN HELF WITH ANY THING JUST ASK
Pages: 1 [2]