Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: I get paid to heat my home!  (Read 2118 times)

peacmar

• View Profile
I get paid to heat my home!
« on: August 24, 2012, 05:32:17 PM »

Following the family tradition. Our family company is called "careful climbers tree care" We specialize in dangerous and complicated pruning and removal. Our company consists of my father, brother, cousin, and myself.

We normally would have charges $1200 for this removal of a storm damaged tree, but the gentleman was older living on a fixed income and recently had his bladder and prostate removed due to cancer so we did our good deed and worked in Exchange for the wood only.

This is early on a Sunday morning, the day before we where rained out only an hour in.

IMAG0926 by Quicksilver99, on Flickr

An hour of setting up rigging and less than an hour of work later....

IMAG0927 by Quicksilver99, on Flickr

And a half hour after that.... Husky 395xp with 38" bar.... Still had to cut from both sides... And that's my dad suffing his face chatting with the homeowner while we take a lunch break...

IMAG0928 by Quicksilver99, on Flickr

I'm currently a welder and we all have full time jobs but do this on the side. My cousin is a board certifies master arborists, my brother is a municipal certified arborist, and I am currently working on my climber certification.

In five hours work we had reduced a 65' tall oak and hauled home 5 cords cut and split, and left the yard as though there was never a tree there.

Trimming a limb off grandmas maple where it grew around the power lines...

318130_3243326369566_1459052591_32386727_1837321874_n by Quicksilver99, on Flickr

I only use spurs on wood that is being removed. I use a split tail system, distel hitch, puma saddle on poison hivy roap.