Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: looking for ideas and plans for a wood shed  (Read 2795 times)

sstan

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
looking for ideas and plans for a wood shed
« on: July 06, 2009, 08:41:10 AM »

OK .. summer project is to get rid of the tarps.  I am looking for ideas or Plans for a wood shed.  I have been debating on which is chaper to buy a metal carpost thing or build a shed / pavilion.  Whats everyones thoughts?  buy or build?  overhang front of stove?  posts in ground or on top ... just looking for ideas/ pics or advice!!

thanks,
steve
Steve from Windsor NY
using an NCB- 175

Jason

• View Profile
Re: looking for ideas and plans for a wood shed
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 06:24:50 AM »

SStan, if we ever get a chance we are hoping to build a shed-more of a pavillion, really.  Just some posts and trusses to make a shad roof that will be covered with rolled roofing paper.  That said, here's an idea if you want an enclosed shed.  I got it from Backwoodsman magazine, published by Charlie Richie.

You get pallets that they ship new hot tubs to dealers on-they are 8'x8' and the pool places are usually happy to give them away.  Pour a concrete footer and stand the pallets up to make walls.  2 wide across the back, 3 up each side, one on the front and you have a 24'x16'shed with an 8'door in front.  You can build a sliding door or whatever you want.  In the article, the builder used more pallets for the roof.  All you need then is to cover the roof and scrounge up something to cover the walls.

I know the magazine has a website but I'm not sure if the site has an article archive.  The article was within the last couple years.  Backwoodsman comes out every 2 months.  You can find it at Walmart but it typically sells out fast around here.

Not sure if that's what you had in mind but I figured I'd toss it out to you...
Jason-Pittsburgh, PA