Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Water treatment  (Read 2179 times)

wink

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Shaver
  • OWF Model: 165
    • View Profile
Water treatment
« on: June 15, 2012, 07:51:15 AM »

I have a Shaver 165 that I installed last year (December 2012). I added 1/2 gallon of water treatment......turned water pink.

The water is no longer pink and I feel that I probably need to add more treatment. I called the supplier of the original solution and he said it would be $65 + 20 to ship a gallon of treatment. I thought $85 bucks was a little steep.

Any suggestions on what to purchase and where to get it would be greatly appreciated!!

Wink

HandyMark

• View Profile
Re: Water treatment
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 09:05:37 AM »

First I would find a local boiler dealer regardless of brand and buy there additive. Second I would buy a test kit for PH and nitrite levels. I added one gallon to my Central Boiler when I bought it and never bothered to test the water. Tested lately and the nitrites were way high. From what I understand once you get the water right the levels should stay constant unless you are having to add much water. That does sound very high for one gallon.

Chugger4030

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central boiler
  • OWF Model: Cb4030
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 05:50:48 AM »

I have a central boiler and i treated my water on the initial fill 6 seasons ago and have tested every 6 months it always tested high 33 drops on the test cb recomends 20 to 30. Last month i used a friends test kit which was 2 years old and i tested to 23 drops. I wonder if these kits have a shelf life for there solutions?

afab4

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 07:00:53 AM »

I believe the permanganate (the reagent) only has a shelf life of a year or two. If yours is 6 years old it is time for a new bottle.