Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Minor issue with boiler..  (Read 2200 times)

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
Minor issue with boiler..
« on: February 13, 2015, 08:30:18 PM »

Well today I came home from work..As normal esp this time of the yr I check the boiler out..Well I noticed the water temp was way low..I figured that the fire was low and I needed to add  few pieces of wood before the fill up for the night..Well I opened the door and there was plenty of wood in it...Im like huh kinda weird..I heard the fan on but no moving air..So i flicked the fan switch off then turned it back on..Something didn't seem right..I opened the back of the boiler up..Looked at the fan..Well the fan was on and the flapper was still closed..The spring broke that lifts the flapper up to allow the fan to suck air lol.. Good thing I have spare parts..I highly recommend you guys to have backup parts..pumps, gaskets, fans, flappers, etc.. It will save you in a pinch like what happened to me today.. Burn Wood! ;D
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
Re: Minor issue with boiler..
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 04:22:23 AM »

Glad you got it fixed, especially with the cold coming our way over next few days and it didn't cost you an arm and a leg. 

I have some spare parts but not for the pump or the blower.  After the bills are paid, I have just enough to get me through to the next paycheck.  So, every paycheck I set aside a little money for spare parts.  When I accrue enough money for the part, I buy it.  I just pray everyday that the pump or blower doesn't fail, if one of those fails, I'm screwed.  Roger       
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

aries9245

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Cl6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 04:57:48 AM »

That would have sucked good thing u had backup..
Joe
Dodge 5500 dump
Ford f450 dump
Cat 303cr excavator
Cat 246 skid steer
Kubota l4610 tractor
2 sthil farm boss saws
Homemade 4way splitter w/log lift ( the terminator)

BoilerHouse

• OWF Brand: Home Built
  • OWF Model: Fire Tube/Water Tube
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 06:59:44 AM »

I had a pump fail on me this past fall and, I did not have a spare on hand. I had to scramble and pay top dollar for whatever was quickly available. I learned the hard way that having a spare pump could have saved money in the long run, plus it gets your system back up and running faster.
Muskoka, Ont

Big Wood

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler Heatsource 1
  • OWF Model: E-2300 Model 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 07:35:23 AM »

4 years ago i ran an aqua therm and my blower motor died no spare and it was the weekend had to scramble hooked up my shop vac on blower and duck tape called Grainger on Monday for overnight delivery make due with what you have waiting to get another 1 to 2 ft of snow this weekend keep warm everyone
Outdoor wood boiler repair and help

hoardac

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster G-200
  • OWF Model: Formerly Wooddoctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 01:13:54 PM »

4 years ago i ran an aqua therm and my blower motor died no spare and it was the weekend had to scramble hooked up my shop vac on blower and duck tape called Grainger on Monday for overnight delivery make due with what you have waiting to get another 1 to 2 ft of snow this weekend keep warm everyone

That is a good McGyver fix though. I have spare parts for everything, some are used and abused but will work in a bind.